my first project vehicle (86 Bronco ii xlt)

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
Trevor-II

my first project vehicle (86 Bronco ii xlt)

Post by Trevor-II »

just picked up my 86 bronco xlt with the 2.9l v6. Not sure what the plan is for it yet but ive always loved these little trucks since it was the first vehicle i ever owned.
Attachments
005.png
Trevor-II

Re: my first project vehicle (86 Bronco ii xlt)

Post by Trevor-II »

first things first is a tune up and fixing this fuel sending problem, she runs fine but doesnt keep pressure in the rail, pressure regulator seems good as well as the injectors, i believe its a weak fuel pump/fuel check valve. symptoms are a long crank to an eventual start so i believe its having to send fuel the whole way to fire and not keeping the pressure.

turns out it was the in line high pressure pump, the check valve on it was bad and it wouldnt hold the pressure at the rail. swapped it out and now she starts up fine
Trevor-II

Re: my first project vehicle (86 Bronco ii xlt)

Post by Trevor-II »

Fixed the leaky valve cover gasket this weekend and went ahead and ordered a 4in lift kit, looking to put 33s under her.

Got the cheap rough country lift. let me tell ya, you get what you pay for to an extent. If i listened to the forums i would of seen that drop bracket lifts are a real pain in the ass on this thing. for the driver side drop bracket i have to grind out 4 massive hard to get to rivets so i can bolt on the bracket. there is no way to reach all of these without dropping the whole front axel. after you grind off one side of the rivet you then have to drill through it to release the expanding pressure on it so you can actually manage to punch the thing out. :puke: :flipoff: