My 85 bronco ll

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
Bronco1185

My 85 bronco ll

Post by Bronco1185 »

Hello,
This my project 85 bronco ll my brother bought it in Colorado Springs, CO. like two years ago. With 0 rust. Factory paint, She had the 2.8 liter v6 but I decided to swap a 4.0 out of a 93 explorer I used the front end, dash, the rear end it's from an 99 explore with disc brakes and 4.10 gears, 3" body lift and 2" leveling kit. 18" fuel black wheel with Bridgestone duelers.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
tekatlarge

Re: My 85 bronco ll

Post by tekatlarge »

That's a nice B II you got there. What transmission and T-case are you running? and did you say 96 axles?
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Bronco1185

Post by Bronco1185 »

tekatlarge wrote:That's a nice B II you got there. What transmission and T-case are you running? and did you say 96 axles?
Thank you.
Well the front end it's from a 93 explorer and rear it's from a 99 explorer with 4.10 gears, I still need to install 4.10 gears in the front. I installed 4.0 engine and auto transmission, computer, engine harness, from a 93 explorer.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

That sounds like a good combination. With 410s in the rear right now how does the automatic handle the lower gears? I am curious as I am doing 410s right now myself. I hoped for a little better response from the rig. Using real low rear gears was what a street racer used to do to win the Stoplight Nationals. 456 and 488 were an awesome way to impress a potential buyer. You would take him for a test drive let the guy get comfortable while then bang to a lower gear and the cars would literally jump forward and pin the guy in his seat.

Of course that wasn't a B II either. But I digress...
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast