My beater !!

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
Snowthrower

My beater !!

Post by Snowthrower »

Here is my beater:

What do you think? I built it to beat it.
OCD4B2

Post by OCD4B2 »

body lift eh :hmmm: ? I might wanna recommend gap gards or lift lips. They really help make it seem like u dont have that body lift. But I went to home depot instead and made me some custome ones ;)
230,000 miles and she still turns heads
Snowthrower

Post by Snowthrower »

Those are if you care about the looks, this thing has one purpose in life and that's to enjoy off road.

I only put the body lift in to clear the tires a little better, not to mention they keep the center of gravity lower then going all suspension lift.
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Nice Rig! :cool:
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
Snowthrower

Post by Snowthrower »

Thanks

There have been a few changes since those pics, Now I have rock sliders, custom rear bumper (you can kind of see it in the first pic), new 33" hitech retreads MT's, and I built a set of lift shackles for the rear.

This winter plans are to remove the dash and build a tube/aluminium dash (kind of like the dessert truck) and a 4.0L swap. I already have an 8.8 and D35 but plan on swaping to a full width D44 straight axle as soon as I can find one. Gears are also a big "to do" on the list, a set of 5.13's around tax season is the current plan.