88B2 First Project

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
Fordboy77

88B2 First Project

Post by Fordboy77 »

My girlfriend and i recently bought an 88 Bronco II as a project. This is her first project, so i will be doing most the labor, till she gets the hang of it.
plans include
New 6 Inch Lift
New Procomp Mud Terrains
Winch And Custom Bumper
8.8 Inch Swap
Dana 35 Swap( Dana 44 one day)
Ford 4.0L V6 Swap
4.10 Gears
James Duff Bronco II Rear Bumper

Fordboy77

Re: 88B2 First Project

Post by Fordboy77 »

Interior Before

Interior After

Fordboy77

Post by Fordboy77 »

So far I have picked up a 1992 Ford Explorer as a donor for the axles and motor.
4.0L donor :)
Finally to the GF's house
My dana 35, and 8.8 are waiting for me :cool:
Fordboy77

Post by Fordboy77 »

Did a little moving around at the girlfriends house today. I have came to the conclusion that her parents either like me, or dont hate me near as much as i thought they did. They are tolerating my gfs and mine endeavor with this bronco II build better than expected. We have now stock piled and moved everything around to where we should be getting a good start on it this week, or next weekend. Heres a couple pics of the re arranging we did, and just a collection of the parts. Its turned into one of those projects where is taking 3 vehicles to make one nice one. Should be a wonderful build and adventure with the :princess:
From left to right
87 donor 92 donor 88 Project
Climbing Around
The 4.0L
The 2.9 Thats Getting Replaced
Fordboy77

Post by Fordboy77 »

So this was my first weekend of planned work which was was an epic fail. No motors, or transmissions. Had a few friends that were supposed to show up and bring a compressor and such to help out with the plan of attack. No one showed. So Nothing got very far. Nothing wanted to come apart. It all was rather disappointing, but i guess i did ok for it just being me and the :princess: Most everything is broke lose now at least.
But this is what i did manage to get done.
What i started off with:
Where its at now
Exterior Pics
Where Its At Now
Fordboy77

Post by Fordboy77 »

Few More
Fordboy77

Post by Fordboy77 »

Managed to get some more work done. My friend managed to give me some help this weekend which made things a lot easier. Got the motor pulled, The transmission/transfer-case. As well as the 31 spline LSD 8.8, As well as the Dana 35. The red haired guy is my bud nick. I am still trying for a march 1st deadline, but it does not seem very likely at this point in time. Works been sucking up all my free time. But its till moving along so i have no complaints. I am still looking for the cord to my other camera for the rest of the pics
ImageImage
Fordboy77

Post by Fordboy77 »

More Pics
Fordboy77

Post by Fordboy77 »

Some pictures from taking out the 8.8 and dana 35 the other weekend, and then some pics of the so called scarpers that wanted the body. Took 5 hours to get it to fit on that trailer, but its out of my life with money in my pocket so i don't care to much.
Dana 35
Wiring Harness all the way out
Squatting ranger
Fordboy77

Post by Fordboy77 »

More Pics Of What we had to do for them damn so called scarpers, I was really pissed about it all, but i needed it gone.
Fordboy77

Post by Fordboy77 »

More Pics
Fordboy77

Post by Fordboy77 »

All In all, it took us 4 hours to cut apart the car into pieces to fit on the "SCRAPERS" trailer. You'll all get a kick out of this. This is what they called there "HUGE" flatbed.
Oh and this is there flat tire they thought they could fill with fix a flat, and air. Its got like 9 nail holes in it, and was spraying foam everything the wheel made one full turn. I was so happy to see them leave.
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

i hope you got a good $ for it after all that
Fordboy77

Post by Fordboy77 »

Ranger Dave wrote:i hope you got a good $ for it after all that
I ended up with $150 in my pocket, which is what i payed for half of the car. I made everything back off it so i wasn't too upset, but still very pissed off.
hblydlx

Post by hblydlx »

it must be a BII thing... mines been sittin beside by inlaws house for almost a year in site of busy highway and they dont care or so they say haha good luck with the build... wish my lady wanted to build instead of drive my toys
2000 F150 4.6L 33" MUD COUNTRYS
1988 BII 2.9L 3" BODY LIFT 31" BFG
2005 SKIDOO MXZ 600HO SDI