Chopped BII in UT

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
RICO9

Chopped BII in UT

Post by RICO9 »

Hi everybody i'm Rico i live in Salt Lake City and i have an '84 bII. It's got a choptop with a sealed cab, 7" lift, round headlights, 33's, duraspark, etc,etc. i figured i'd join this rbv site too since i'm on all the others! on to the pics!
Phillippi

Re: Chopped BII in UT

Post by Phillippi »

Nice B2. Did you register this in Washington due to licensing problems? Where in Utah are you?
RICO9

Post by RICO9 »

yeah you got it! i used my mom's address in WA. i actually will be getting UT plates pretty soon. (gonna use my girlfriend's aunt's address in Tooele). i live in West Jordan. where are you at?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I am in American Fork. My B2 hasnt seen the light of day in 3 years...
RICO9

Post by RICO9 »

Phillippi wrote:I am in American Fork. My B2 hasnt seen the light of day in 3 years...
yeah it looks like it will be a beast when it's done i just read your build thread. hurry up and finish it! :D
PHROX

Post by PHROX »

Yea philipi, finish your rig. We still need to get out and play sometime.
1987 Bronco2, d44/9" locked, sweet paint job. Now with available 5.0
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

PHROX wrote:Yea philipi, finish your rig. We still need to get out and play sometime.
Are you back in town??? How have you been? I really want to get back at it, but I have found life is nuts lately (last year and a half). I hope this spring I will be able to get to it. I did clean out the garage and can now access the b2, so its a start.
PHROX

Post by PHROX »

Yep, I have been back for a while. And yes, life has been crazy here too. Must be a utah thing.....
1987 Bronco2, d44/9" locked, sweet paint job. Now with available 5.0
BroncoBoy24

Post by BroncoBoy24 »

Hey buddy can i ask what you had to do to be able to put the classic bronco lights in place of the square ones?
1984 Ford Bronco II
1998 Nissan Frontier
http://www.youtube.com/user/bowmaster24?feature=mhw4
RICO9

Post by RICO9 »

BroncoBoy24 wrote:Hey buddy can i ask what you had to do to be able to put the classic bronco lights in place of the square ones?
all i did was get some headlight bezzels from an old 70's ford truck at the junk yard and was planning on having to do some kind of modification but it turns out the bolted right on. even the aimers line up! all i had to do was cut my grill. :redneck:
joeyy

Post by joeyy »

this is pretty much exactly what i plan to do with my rig, did u swap the axels out or r those stock? also not that its really needed, but can u actually use the tail/lift gate anymore like that?
RICO9

Post by RICO9 »

joeyy wrote:this is pretty much exactly what i plan to do with my rig, did u swap the axels out or r those stock? also not that its really needed, but can u actually use the tail/lift gate anymore like that?
i actually just finished gathering parts to swap in a d35 and 8.8. i've got the axles, 4.88 gears, an aussie locker for the d35, (gonna weld the rear), warn manual hubs and converion kit for the d35, and master install kits for both front and rear. i'm hoping to get started this weekend! and about the tailgate, it doesn't fold down but i can pop it on and off pretty easily so it is still functional.