onewontwo's '88 bronco ii

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
onewontwo

onewontwo's '88 bronco ii

Post by onewontwo »

Well I just finished up my rear suspension.

F-150 leaf springs and front hanger bracket. Picked the pair up at the junkyard for $100. It was a very straight forward and easy swap. I think it will level out once I get the 33's on the rear.

I just need to figure out what rear axle I'm going to use!

Stock Hanger

F-150 Hanger

Before Swap

After Swap

Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Are you using stock B2 rear springs? Looks good.
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

The leaf springs are off of a 2wd f-150 to keep them 2 1/2" like the stock b2 springs. I believe the 4wd is 3"

The shocks are for a b2 with 6 inches of lift.

I centered the front axle today, but didn't get any pics. It looks alot better.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I centered the front axle today, but didn't get any pics. It looks alot better.
I was going to ask about that but I thought it just might be the angle of the pic and if the tires were turned a little...

looks good keep the pic's comming!
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Joel H

Re: onewontwo's '88 bronco ii

Post by Joel H »

onewontwo wrote:Well I just finished up my rear suspension.

F-150 leaf springs and front hanger bracket. Picked the pair up at the junkyard for $100. It was a very straight forward and easy swap. I think it will level out once I get the 33's on the rear.
Ya the F150 stuff will get you 6" lift easy without blocks.
dirtcowboy

Post by dirtcowboy »

Any particular year of F-150 stuff to use? How does a BII ride after the swap? :beer:
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

I wasn't real particular on the year. As long as they are 2 1/2" wide you can use your stock shackle. By the way the F-150 leafs I picked up were a 4 pack w/ overload out of a 2-wheel drive truck. I believe the 4-wheel drive trucks are 3" springs.
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

Well, it's not completely done, but both axles are underneath and this is how it is going to sit.

I'm really happy with how it looks.

onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

I put a lot of hard work in this week. I made bumpers, tranny mount, and a lot other things have been completed.

I went wheeling at Rausch Creek today with 6 other Jeeps. They were impressed with how well it performed. It didn't give me any trouble today even though I was leaking brake fluid and gas from the top of the tank. I have to work that out.

I'm really pleased with how it performed. It drives and I can wheel now, but I'm not 100% done with it. I plan to install 4.88's, hydroboost, a bigger rad, electric fan, and different driveshafts.

Enough talk.. Here are the pics:

Custom Body Mount Bushing (entire 10 were custom):

Before:

After:

Rausch Creek:

More on another camera. I'll have to post those later.
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

Heres some of my interior mods.... Installed the sterio system, fire extingisher, attempted to cover up that god awful red that it was apparently dipped in... I'm really happy with how the speaker boxes turned out. I gotta laugh at them though. 15 mintues and 2 Folgers coffee cans cut up to fit!! It's almost like an amp. They really increased the speakers cabability. Took it for a test run. That electric fan really cools it down!! I removed the mech. fan and ac belt and noticed a big power difference. It also revs smoother and quicker.

Here we go!!

onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

Well, I skipped the EB grille and just installed round headlights, which is all that I really wanted. Drilled 1 hole on each side and it bolted right up, including the plugs. $15 at the junkyard for the pair off of a Bronco Custom. Not sure of the year.

Along with the new headlights I also went ahead and installed "gauge faces." I find it hard to see those dim stock gauges while night wheeling. These gauge faces are very, very clear to see at night. I never really heard anything about them, they are not what I expected, but that is not a bad thing at all. The install was straight forward and extremely easy to do. It did not involve removing the instrutment cluster which is something I really didn't want to do.

Tach

Speedo

I've been working out the issues in my suspenion system since I've been driving it. I went for a ride today and actually checked to see how much travel I have. I'm maxing out my rear shocks easily and I plan on installing the mount below the frame or along the inside. Since I am maxing out my rear shocks I didn't get to experience the full flex of the wristed arm yet. I didn't get those pics that I promised yet, but I'll make sure I get them posted sometime soon. So here is a pic of what happens when you max out your shocks. My suspension is capable of so much more flex than this. I'll be moving the shocks within the week!

For some reason I never posted this pic when I was doing my body mounts but here is a more detailed pic of the custom sleeves and plates used in the body mount install.

MJONES602

Post by MJONES602 »

hey gotta quick question what kinda coils did you use for the front i havnt decided yet i like your stance alot
MATT JONES
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

Guess I'm a little late on this post but they are 3.5" superflex eb coils from bronco graveyard. I'm trying to keep the cost done.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Almost thought that was my bronco.....

I did hydroboost on my Bronco II. It was really easy.