My '87 Bronco II

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
amdaar

My '87 Bronco II

Post by amdaar »

This is my project 1987 Bronco II. I picked it up from my uncle about 6 months ago for FREE!! All it needed was some engine work. Well lets just say i kinda f'd myself in the a with it. I redid the driver's side head gasket and found the head warped .003", the most warpage allowed. But i decided to use it eventhough the head was cracked between water ports.

About 2 months later, it blew. Oil and water was milky again and was blowing water out the heater core.

And here I am looking at rebuilding the whole top end. I'm up for it b/c i love this thing. Hot Wheels style rims, light bar, 4wd, MANUAL (love them!), and i'm not sure but maybe a 2" lift (have no idea, b/c my uncle doesn't know).

Future Plans:
Lift, Repaint (touch-up spots), new lights for light bar, grill guard and maybe larger tires.
Attachments
bronco5.jpg
bronco4.jpg
bronco.jpg
BroncoPic4.jpg
BroncoPic3.jpg
BroncoPic2.jpg
BroncoPic1.jpg
'87 Bronco II - Project in the works
'92 Beretta - POS beater, hope to kill it and make the B2 my DD
clem

Post by clem »

Nice looking ride,I'd swap the v6 for an 8.those engines were never that strong,I did put mine through a fair amount. the money spent rebuilding would be better spent dropping in an 8. have fun. :canada:
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110