Nobody's 1970 Bronco

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

That was the original plan, but after several test fits, I've decided it's not necessary. It's very very easy to remove the whole 9 yards. The muffler will be clamped on both sides for easy removal.

The other piece of the decision is the fact that the tranny and engine will likely have to come out together. The hole for NP435 shifter isn't big enough to allow the tranny to slide back. If I cut the hole any larger, it will get into the body crossmember which I tried to avoid.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Got a chance to finish up the tailpipe this weekend. Still need to make one more hanger for the tailpipe. Clearances are pretty tight where it goes over the shock mount, so hopefully it won't rattle! I can't wait to hear how it sounds.

Nobody

Re: Nobody's 1970 Bronco

Post by Nobody »

Spent last weekend on the wiring. Finished up a few loose ends tonight, checked codes. Put in some gas and started it up first try! Whooo hooo! :cool: :cool:

This has been one long project. Still have quite a few loose ends to clean up, but the hardest part is done.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

congrats on the milestone!

how much you got left to do?
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Finally feels like I'm making some progress. Got the 9" pulled out, the Dana 60 stripped of the old perches and shock mounts. Need to do some spring hander repair before I can start assembly. Still need to do the final wiring, put everthing in place and cut resolder and wrap wires. Still lots of little stuff like fender flares, battery box, bumpers, OBA, etc. But those are more resonable weekend projects.

I got about 50 miles on it before I yanked the 9 inch. The 9 has 4.10's, and even with 36's it hauls ass! Definately want the 4.56's though. I'm not to happy with the exhaust. It's a little louder than I wanted, but that's what I get for now.
Attachments
P6180013 (Medium).JPG
P6180014 (Medium).JPG
P6180021 (Medium).JPG
P6200042 (Medium).JPG
P6200045 (Medium).JPG
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Used the stock T-bird throttle cable. Modified the EB gas peddle to work with it.
Attachments
eb-throttlecable.jpg
eb-throttlecable.jpg (34.11 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
eb-throttlecable2.jpg
eb-throttlecable2.jpg (32.48 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

that thing is realy looking good!

so when can we expect the first wheeling pic's?
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I've got the D60 pretty much in. Just need to set the pinion angle and weld up the perches. Ran into a bit of a snag with the shocks. The rear disc calipers are in the way of the stock mounts, so I need to build new mounts to put the shocks in front of the axle.

I hope to start cruising the mountains soon. I won't be doing any real wheelin until I get some bumpers and rocker protection....and real roll cage would probably be a good idea. I've been pushing my luck in that department.

I hope to make SOB in August.