Yukon Bronco II

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
BDEUCE

Yukon Bronco II

Post by BDEUCE »

hey, my name is Nate, and it is about time i got my ride on here working properly! i have a 1990 (build date 11/89, sold as a 1990 model year) bronco II XL. it has a 5 speed fm trans, manual b&w transfer case, Factory Dana 35, 3.73 Tracloc...for now, found 4.10 l/s out of an aerostar 7.5 :devil: . I did the exploder leaf swap, took 'em out of a 95. new bolts, removed the swaybar, too. okay, pics..

okay, i'm a smart asp.
in my parking spot, ugh, condo life
i have a hula girl, she's the shit.
the mighty d35, grrrr
what exploder leafs will do for your flex!
BDEUCE

Post by BDEUCE »

more flexing pics

swapped out my seats for two aerostar buckets. best mod ever. i also replaced the crappy cv style tulip joint driveshaft with a brand new double cardan spicer unit. it is really beefy, and the double cardan is oversized for extra strength.
so i have acquired a 4.10 l/s 7.5 axle - i'm going to take the whole thing, wheel to wheel. going to get a matcher and maybe a locker up front. i want to lift it about 2" in the front with lifted springs, and 2" in the rear with shackles. new shocks, stainless steel braided brake lines (longer), and a 2" body lift will help me run 32" tires, hopefully BFG mud terrain, or Goodyear mt/r's. i found some new (to me) rims that currently have 31's on, but they are not driveable. rims need clean up too. top it all of with a nice set of rubicon-style flares, and a basket on the roof with some lights on it. gonna try to make that, too.

if/when i roll it, i'm going to chop the top, and cage the back, and also make a softtop for it.

a buddy just bought a pipe bender, so i am going to try my hand at making a bumper to hold a winch as well. i am currently gathering parts for both an on board welder and on board air. (i want all the toys!!) will do write-ups on this if anyone wants it (when it's done).
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

My 88 had the same body kit and bumpers. That was the one thing I hated most about doing a sas and lifting it, losing the body kit. I like them.
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy
BDEUCE

Post by BDEUCE »

yeah, most of that body kit is ripped off, it does a good job of hiding the rust underneath the panels. i kept the back ones, because i believe in mud flappery, rock guardry, but i think they're coming off. going to get some rubber flaps...or maybe i'll just paint those black. half of that body is rattle can touch up!!