My almost capable BII

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
Wicked Bronco II

My almost capable BII

Post by Wicked Bronco II »

This is my 87 BII, It has a 92 4.0 w/ 5spd, 32x11.50 all terrians, 3in suspension and 2in body lift, dual shock hoops, and a custom rear driveshaft. The tranny is out right now but should be back in soon, I hope or im gonna cry cause its been raining a bit lately and i see other people mudding... Here a a few pics
There are more pics at http://www.cardomain.com/id/vanilla_gorilla
I rattlecanned them myself (im very proud)Image
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

nice bronco Wicked i wish i had another one (built basic) just to beat on. looking good though so what's are the next mod's?
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Wicked Bronco II

Im thinking the im gonna have to put some tires on the Bii, and a dualed dumped exhaust (as short as i can make it)... gotta keep it halfway street legal. Maybe a winch somewhere down the line.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

are thows A/T's your running now? winch sound's good it look's like it can handle it's own. you running any kind of locker? if not might think about welding the front or rear up. i think Phillipi welded his front might want to ask him about it if your needing some extra traction.

why are you selling your rig????
Wicked Bronco II

Yeah those are Cooper Discoveries on there now... I was selling it because i was frustrated with all the recent things going wrong with it but its not forsale anymore i just havent got around to taking that off cardomain. Im not running any lockers, the drive train is all stock, Im running 345 gears in it now. Wish i had the 373's though.
Wicked Bronco II

Any suggestions on my next upgrade besideds tires and a winch? By the way its gonna one or the other on the tires and winch.
I believe you understand what you think I said but im not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant....?
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

is it a daily driver or just something to play with? either way i would go with a good set of tires (swamper, bogger, mtr, etc), and weld up the rear/ front which ever you prefer. you can go al ong way and have fun without a winch. just my $.02
Wicked Bronco II

As of right now it will be a daily driver for a month or so, just enough time to get my gas saver up and going then its all offroad from there. I might just weld up the front, but that will be a while. I was looking at the cheap tires the other day and noticed the LTB's. How well do these tires preform (offroad only)??
I believe you understand what you think I said but im not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant....?
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

dont know much about the LTB's but they look like they're as agressive as a TSL and i love swamper so might be a good choice. what size you looking to run?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Wicked Bronco II wrote:Im not running any lockers, the drive train is all stock, Im running 345 gears in it now. Wish i had the 373's though.
I have a stock 3rd member with 3.73 gears for your dana28 for sale if you want to gather parts.
Wicked Bronco II

I was looking to run maybe 33's if i can fit 35's but im not sure about the axles handling it. They might cause im not much of a climber it see's a lot more mud than climbing any thing. Ive been told im not to hard on it so it should hold some what. But if the axle ends up taking a crap, thats just another reason to go ahead and do the SAS swap. Does anyone know anything about the LTB's??

Phillipi, how much you want for the gears and 3rd??
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I have them loaded (3.73 in pig) now. PM sent.
Wicked Bronco II

Well im gonna get my trans back any day now, only been 3 long months, im having bad withdraws... i weep when it rains. Also gonna install a dual battery system for the late night pasture parties and the soon be lights. More pics comin once she's up and purrin.