Another new member

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
larry85

Another new member

Post by larry85 »

I am also new here. I just bought a 1985 Bronco II with the 2.8 V6. It had 4 new LT235 tires on it. I do not know if I did OK on it but it was only $800.00. I have been driving it to work since I bought it. I was told that the front end would ware the tires fast. Is there anything that I can do about that?

Image[/img]
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Welcome. I think that your b2 is good. For $800 for a running 4x4 is a great price. What are your plans for the truck?
larry85

Post by larry85 »

I do not plan to do anything to it for now. It already had LT235 tires on it. We just moved to NW Arkansas so we might have a need for a 4x4 during the winter months.
84_4x4

Post by 84_4x4 »

replace the rims with some nice chrome or black ones those aluminum ones are boring and for 800 you did really well as long as there is no hidden damage
Get Out Of Way Or Im Comin Over Ya
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

It appears to only have a bubble or two on the rear fender wells, if that is all,,, you did good! Like that mirror tint. Just found some blue mirror for mine.
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

welcome to the board!

for the front end, check all the bushings first. then let us know what you find.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
desrt_rat

Post by desrt_rat »

welcome :usa:
Limited

Post by Limited »

welcome, and yeah great deal $800
get an alignment done that might be the problem
Rectum, damn near killed em
noyb72

Post by noyb72 »

I don't think he has aproblem yet, I believe he is concerned because he has been told about the "tire eating TTB."

Larry.

Apparently, when theese things came out, alignment shops didn't know how to set them up correctly, that changed shortly after (or before,) many of the kids driving theese things today were born, but you know how stories stick around. I sometimes think it was put forward and encouraged by certain other auto manufacturers, we won't name names but I'm referring to the other domestic car companies, in order to reduce sales of Ford trucks.

You have great advice so far. Inspect the front end bushings, or have them inspected, get a good alignment and enjoy your new truck. I have been driving an 84 that is not nearly as nice as yours for a few years and I'd have to say you got a GreaT deal considering I paid more than you after tlking the guy down.

This board has alot of great guys that are here to help, so ask questions and have fun.

Ron
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

I had no tire wear problems with mine when it was still stock. It had 68k on the clock when I bought it, and original tires. I put Goodyear Wrangler radials on it nearly immediatly, got over 80k miles on them, followed by another set of G-wrangler that only went 70k, a set of dunlop radial rovers than only went about 65k. Tire wear was not a problem on mine.
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy