turkey bay

Been wheelin? Got pics? Share your Bronco II adventure with the rest of us.
DBrown

turkey bay

Post by DBrown »

I have posted this on the old forum but I just want to put this up so everyone knows.....I am planning a trip to turkey bay june 28- july 2. if anyone is interested let me know. we are planning on camping in the park. they have port-a-johns and water access and it is right on the lake. the trail ratings go from begginer to level 4 rating so everyone can find something to get into. last year we paid $15 for a wheeling permite for 3 days or you can buy one for $50 for the year. the camping was $7 per night.
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

I thought it was mostly mud and fairly flat ground. That is what several people locally who have been there report.
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

most of the steep climbs are back in the back to the right of the entrence. they were probably at the entrence and to the left in the middle of the main trail. if you go back into the 4 wheeler trails you find some openings to that are decent little mud holes. they even have some creaks to ride but make sure you stay in bounds.......thats how I sunk mine.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I wanted to give ya'll a heads up. the group we had going down this week will not be their. on of the guys we have all been friends with for a long time and was supposed to wheel with us has been killed in a car crash. this all happened yesterday around 4:30 in Louisville. I will be leaving today and I am not sure when we will return so if anyone needs to get ahold of me just drop an email to me and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible. also if every one could keep his and his wifes family in their prayers it would be much appriciated. from what I have found out from the family it was really bad. him, his wife, and daughter were all killed in the accident. thank ya'll in advance for your prayers.

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

:frown:
Happy_Jack

Post by Happy_Jack »

Was he a board member? If so I'd like to go in on some flowers if it's not too late. I could even just call in and order them if I had the info. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

no, he wasn't a board member but thanks for the thought it has been a long few days. I did find out more info though, him his wife and little girl were driving on a two lane road and a car comming the other direction was turning. instead of the people behind the other car waiting for them to turn, he pulled out to pass and hit them head on. the sad thing is the guy that caused the accident is in the hospital but ok and my friends are gone.
bobby, his wife, and daughter really ment alot to all of us. I knew Bobby for about 8 yrs and he is the one who taught me alot and really got me into cars and trucks. he is also the one that I got my trailer from and the 64 falcon I swapped my dart for. their are so many projects at his house that are unfinished and parts scarted over 2 states that he had stashed at other people's houses, that this is really going to be difficult for his family. thank ya'll for your prayers, it really means alot.

FatMan

Post by FatMan »

losing a good friend sucks sorry for your lose :frown:
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!