Getting out of Dodge

Been wheelin? Got pics? Share your Bronco II adventure with the rest of us.
Happy_Jack

Getting out of Dodge

Post by Happy_Jack »

I going to try to get to Utah twice this month. The first trip starts the 11th, the second will be over Memorial Day weekend. I have an open seat and a trailer.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

You back yet? How did the trips go? I hope all went well.
Happy_Jack

Post by Happy_Jack »

First trip went well. We did the Night of the Winds Trail throught the Swell again and it had some fun spots I did not remember. Then we went down and did Arch Canyon. I was in a FS 96 Bronco. Most of the traffic seems to be ATV's on these trails now. Only bad part was I tripped on a rock while backing up with some heavy items and landed on my tail bone. I was able to finish the trip with my friends but I went ahead and came back early. My friend who wrote the NOTW article changed the second trip from a snow canal run in the San Juans to the area north of Natural Bridges Monument. Had some water comming in under my house with the rains out this way and had to stay home and get that taken care of.

I only have a little trouble with my back now. And that's just every week or ten days.

I want to head out after Fathers day. Utah is hot but I am going to try to meet up with my sisters family as they return from Cali. somewhere in southern Utah. Don't know what all we are going to do yet. I'd like to meet up with them in Monument Valley and take them over to San Juan Hill and show them the ruins. Then maybe up to Beef Basin. Again it's hot so I don't think it would be long before we head to Silverton, CO and see if there are a few snow canal's left. Black Bear should still be closed. Stoney also. Just have to see whats open when we get there.

I missed another Utah trip in between the two with my back trouble. So I'm ready to go west again to make up for the two trips I missed.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

you are lucky to have the free time. I am sorry about the back problems tho. Get well and have fun. I hope in 9 yrs when I retire I will be able to go travel alot more.
Happy_Jack

Post by Happy_Jack »

Thanks for the kind words. I just hope there is something in Utah to go wheel on in 9 years.