Rattlesnake Canyon, Co

Been wheelin? Got pics? Share your Bronco II adventure with the rest of us.
RockyMtnHigh

Rattlesnake Canyon, Co

Post by RockyMtnHigh »

I finally slapped some rubber on the project truck and got it off road this weekend. I went down a little trail in my area called Rattlesnake Canyon here in Colorado. Its an old jeep trail and consists of mostly mild terrain but can get a bit rocky and fun once you get further up. I crossed a few creeks and hopped a few larger rocks but kept it pretty easy. This was officially the first off road adventure in my new rig!

Those are 33" x 12.5" Kumo Mt's on a stock BII with one hell of a fender trim job. I drove off road over 30 miles and didn't have any issues today with rubbing except minor contact at full steer. I'll get the 3" body lift put on this week some time to make sure it doesn't rub... I will also be adding some new shocks in the front and some heavy duty rear shocks with helper springs to raise the saggy ass end up a little.

Anyone in western colorado want to go for a trail ride? Let me know, Its just not as fun doing it solo, although the dog had a great time today. I have to take it easy to feel out the new rig but Im ready to ride!

Pics~

:cool:
Ranger Dave

Re: Rattlesnake Canyon, Co

Post by Ranger Dave »

what gears do ya have in it ?? looks good
RockyMtnHigh

Post by RockyMtnHigh »

I'm still running bone stock everything, and according to the axle code its a "44 Regular 2640 3.73" Key~Code, Description, Capacity, Ratio. This is my first rig build so alot of this is new to me :) I want to do a SAS eventually and have been doing a lot of reading into it to find out the best and easiest options as far as installing and cost goes.
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

the SAS is easy

Attachments
Dscf9375-2.jpg
iceman21

Post by iceman21 »

What's an SAS?
Mudhog1977