4-25-04

Been wheelin? Got pics? Share your Bronco II adventure with the rest of us.
Nobody

4-25-04

Post by Nobody »

Awesome day of wheelin today! EBSteve got whooped on the expressway......again. :finger:
I smashed yet another tail light :rolleyes2:

http://www.broncoii4x4.com/walker4-25-04/index.htm
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

:redneck:

Oh well. I made it home fine and I am going to drive it around today (I don't have a clue about the electrical issue).
Tanya was better about this than Sarah was but then again I don't drive it everyday.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I'm ready to go again. I'll have to send you the series of rapid shots I took....it's interesting flipping through them and watching your suspension. I think you need to stiffen the rear up for sure.

You got off easy again. I couldn't really tell there was any new damage...other than the fender. Hope your dad had fun.

So the CB wasn't the problem?
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

I don't know about the CB, I hooked it up and nothing was weird here at home and it was fine except for the new vibes on the way home.
The rear qtr and door took some new damage but I do think for something that has been on both sides this year it's not to bad.
I have a thought about rear and would love to get the stuff you got, I will give a call tonight.
Sorry I did not make it up to your place again but soon!
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Hey Matt I have been wondering for some time now, but why dont you have a cage on your B2? I would think that with the wheeling you do it would be worth it to keep your sorry butt safe. I have been thinking alot lately about chopping the top and building one myself lately. My only hang up is the damn cold winders here and how to seal it up....

Nice pics boys. I wish I was closer...
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I've been wondering the same thing.

I can come up with reasons all day long about why don't have one yet, but there is really no excuse.

It's pretty much next on the list. I've got some side work coming up that should be able to fund a cage.

I likely would have done a cage before the 60 if my 7.5 hadn't let go. So building the 60 sucked up all my resources. Now I have to save up again.

Before that, I still had a full top when I did the V8, 44 swap. Which before those, I didn't really need a cage.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

That roll looked pretty controlled. I would have hated to see that nice EB have a bad roll and destroy it.
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

Phillippi wrote:That roll looked pretty controlled. I would have hated to see that nice EB have a bad roll and destroy it.
Me too!!

I have not ever had a problem and the last two times out I have flopped it. I am reworking the door now because the pillar is bent and it's not latching rite.
Matt does not have a cage because he is a (insert expletive here) and needs to head down and build one.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Just take off the door and leave them off. I wish mine would look ok with them off, or I had a trailer to haul mine to the train. I wish for a lot of things.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

hey Nobody i see they got the trail cleared!! that's awesome to bad im not up there to enjoy it wit ya'll oh well may be next summer. that's a pretty good spot were EB STEVE took a spill. my buddy almost rolled his scout down that hill last summer on it's first voyage right after we finished all his mod's :eek: . well have fun and be safe out there :D .
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

The trail is still blocked on the parking lot side. We came in the back through lower jeep trail.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

:finger: :finger:

FatMan

Post by FatMan »

niiiice!!! that lower jeep trail is getting pretty sticky with all the rut's and tree stump's. it was muddy as hell up there the week i left. it did'nt help with that big tree down you use to be able to go around it.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

The main trail is still blocked by a tree, but there is a bypass around it. I took the lower entrance trail with the big stumps and holes ;) It's pretty nasty and you have to hammer it pretty good to get up it.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

wish i could have been there i miss washington :frown: . i have a couple of pic's of my rig coming up the entrance of the lower jeep trail. did'nt really get to much past that big bolder that's right at the begining of the hill. NO LOCKER'S YET!!! as soon as i finish my web site i'll try to post.