From todays Denver Post

Been wheelin? Got pics? Share your Bronco II adventure with the rest of us.
Happy_Jack

From todays Denver Post

Post by Happy_Jack »

Jeep falls 200 feet down cliff; two dead
Two people were killed Tuesday afternoon when a Jeep with Missouri plates left the road on Black Bear Pass and tumbled down a cliff, authorities said.

The accident occurred about 4 p.m. in unincorporated San Miguel County. In heavy rain, the Jeep, heading west, was negotiating steep switchbacks down the mountain when it left the road and rolled at least 200 yards down the side of the mountain, said San Miguel sheriff's Sgt. Michael Westcott.

Colorado State Patrol officials were investigating the crash late Tuesday and did not identify the dead male and female, pending completion of the investigation and family notification. The victims have a large extended family on the Front Range, officials said.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Just read that on pirate :frown:

Happens every year........
Happy_Jack

Post by Happy_Jack »

I've been down that trail more times than I can count, first time in 1989. I even did it in September, 1991 after it snowed all night. The switch backs down to Teluride were in good shape though. Up higher on the trail some of the switch backs were snow packed and icy. As were the ones up to the Imogene Pass.

Just need to remember to take emergency supplies and if you get in over your head stop and wait it out.

A friend of mine from Denver sent me an e-mail about the article in the Post.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

yah i saw that over at FSB one day your here and the next your gone :frown: . i dont think i could drive that trail i cant stand height's especially when i can see how far it is.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!