Hangover Run 2006

Been wheelin? Got pics? Share your Bronco II adventure with the rest of us.
Nobody

Hangover Run 2006

Post by Nobody »

Last edited by Nobody on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

That is so SWEET!. Thats alot of snow. It looks like the snow is a little more dense then the light fluffy we have here. It looks like it packs well. Ours is so dry its like sand....

Nice pics. I want to be there...
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

That was really wet and heavy snow. A little too heavy. When conditions are perfect, you can pop up on top and hammer down. That's an awesome ride. Iron mountain a couple weeks ago was almost perfect, but not quite deep enough.

We get all kinds of snow. Usually as we go higher we start getting into that "surgar snow" as I like to call it, older, super fine ice crystals.....that stuff can be a real pain.

Our snow can change pretty rapidly too. You might be making great progess, then BAM, you're stopped like someone pulled the ground out from beneath you. Depends on elevation, temp, how the sun shines etc. Then you have to adjust your driving technique accordingly.

Snow is by far my favorite type of wheelin. It's definately not for everyone though.

Phillippi, don't you have mountains near by? I'd imagine you should have similar conditions when the snow is fresh.
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

you must have got the heater core done so you could post the pics. :cool:

Good pictures but this one just does not do justice Image

It was fun and I think Ranger 5.0 is up for another as well, although he was talking yesterday about building a Jeep :jawdrop:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Ya we have mountains right next to us like a couple miles away. We are at 4650 ft and the mountain just to the east of us is at 12,000 ft.

The snow around here is usually very dry powder like podwer suger type. It gets wet and heavy in the spring. That video is awesome. Right now we are in the jan thaw. Its 40s during the days and 20 at night which makes for some wet mudding which I have made my 05 dodge ram (patrol vehicle) very muddy... Maybe ill take some muddin videos...
TC

Post by TC »

That's awesome. Is this a "secret" trail or one I can get directions to?
I work right off of Hwy 20 past Sedro.
Nice video too. Sounds like the Bronc is running good. What exhaust are you running?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

It's off hiway 2 at mile marker 55 near Stevens Pass. Don't waste your time though......after generations of wheelers going there for snow runs every year, it's officially closed. Appearantly the State thought it would be a good idea to lease public land to a ski outfit and close it off to the tax payers :mad:

My exhaust is home made, and runs a higher quality glass pack and a stock BII tail pipe :laugh: Not exactly something I'd recommend, but for some reason it's really quiet.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

Awesome video!!! My boys are jealous now that they saw the blazer. The funny thing is that Your BII doesn't seem that loud in person compared to the video. I am glad to see that it was a small work out to drive around my tank. :D :cool: I heard there is another one planned?
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Snow level is dropping this week. I'm ready! Haven't even unpacked yet :redneck: NOAA is reporting hazardous driving conditions...heavy snow and high wind :cool:
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

You should look at the Timber Tambers web site. They don't have to many good things to say about the Hangover Run. Timber Tambers :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Got link? I didn't see anything?
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I had just heard the report from my brother-in-law, who has been watch there web site and was rather irratated with their comments. He couldn't reply cause it was a posted story. They did say though with all their greatness they couldn't build a fire. :confused:

I will try and get the link.

Hey look what I found when I pulled the front driveline. :eek:
Attachments
Dried up 1 (WinCE).JPG
Dried up 1 (WinCE).JPG (33.81 KiB) Viewed 4228 times
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

It was all dried up, I was thinking of finding a different cap with some needle bearings left in it and regreasing it :redneck: But for $11.33 for a new one I thought I would do it right. ;)
Attachments
Dried up 2 (WinCE).JPG
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

ranger5.0 wrote: I was thinking of finding a different cap with some needle bearings left in it and regreasing it
:redneck: That is scary, I think you might be Nobody's long lost Brother! :redneck: