Security

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
plowboy

Security

Post by plowboy »

How do you guys with chop tops secure your stuff inside? IE CB's, stereo, GPS etc. I have made up my mind that as soon as I can, the top is gettin whacked and a custom soft top put on. The guys running around with open jeeps in this nice weather are killin me. Mine will still be a daily and I just don't want nothing disapearing on me. :mad2: Mabey I shouldn't put anything in it. :idea: Comments welcome. :cool:
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I just pull my CD face and only have the GPS the truck when I am using it. I am getting a little nervous since my back window exploded on me yesterday. :mad:
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Ooooops! :eek: Just curious. My cd player has a detachable face, although where I work many people cut through the parking lot. I had a portable cd player taken while I was 50 ft. away with my back turned to my vehicle :mad2: What I get for leaving my window down. The CB is mounted under the dash, but wouldn't take much to rip out and the CD player, well Im not so sure that around here someone wouldn't swipe it WITHOUT the face. I'm thinking about building a couple of small boxes for the rear speakers, so there again, easy access. Even though I don't have expensive stuff in my rig, its the fact that in the area I work in to many things come up missing. We have people stealing from cars while church service is going on, even in broad daylight.

A few months ago the contractors that were adding on to the church had a large container they kept all their tools and supplies in. Someone broke into that and took all their tools.

Phillipi why don't ya come bust some of these guys? :D
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

Well maybe the bad guys take one look at my rig and figure there`s no way there`s anything worth stealing in THAT! But I`ve never had a problem,and I don`t even lock my bronc. My radio is a cassette player out of an 86 VW golf I once owned. Never anything of any real value inside anyway. If so, it`s under the seat. :redneck:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Well someday, I hope to seal off the cab. I also have plans to build a lockbox/toolbox to go in the bed. But for the last few years, I just try not to leave valueables in the cab. CB and radio I don't care about and they haven't been bothered. Generally, I try not to leave my bronco where something might happen. I'm more concerned with the whole thing being stolen for parts.
azbroncoII

Post by azbroncoII »

Great question i was wondering that very thing, i havent choped mine because of theft in the area where i work so if anyone has any way to hide or secure my items that would ne fantastic.
90 broncoII 2.9 Life is like my bronco
"under rated & over worked"
89b24x4project

Post by 89b24x4project »

on most cd players today if they are stolen the wont work once they are stolen beacuase your avrage theif dosent carry the pullers they just rip it out at least i think so cuase i read it somewhere i might be wrong but as for gps why dont you just get a hand held gps that you can get a dash mount for and just take with you in a bag or something thats what i have in my boat
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Plowboy I wish I could help your bs thieving neighborhood. As far as my neighborhood, when I chop my top, I think I will just take out all my tools and put them in when I go out wheeling. As far as CD player and CB. Well the CD player is an expensive one so I am worried about that, but the CB I am not. Its an old Cobra. I will figure out the choptop security when I get to that point...
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

I guess I am most concerned about the cd player and speakers. I hope to get a GPS some day to play with, but if I do it will be a hand held one. I the CB is an old Presidential. The only value is that it was my dad's. Mayey I could modify Nobody's idea of a tool box and incoporate the speakers into that. That might be cool. Thanks for the conversation.
89b24x4project

Post by 89b24x4project »

maybe some one needs to invent a locking bracket that you can slip a hitch lock into so some one can rip and rip but they will need a key to get it out but knowing stupid people they will brake the danm thing be 4 they give up
Happy_Jack

Post by Happy_Jack »

Tuffy made a lockable center console box for the Heeps and then made a universal box at one time. I'm not sure what they have now but you might do a search. They were pricey though. As I remember they have a place to install your radio/tape/CD player and maybe even your speakers.
foxfan

Post by foxfan »

yes, turn to Tuffy for your lock box needs

center console w/ radio and CB mounted!
i did a search and looked through the threads and still didn't find what i needed!