Watcha Packin?

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
plowboy

Watcha Packin?

Post by plowboy »

Any of you guys carry? If so what's you choice of CCW.
I have a S & W 6906, compact 9. All I could afford for now, but is a great gun none the less. I shot next to a guy that had a Sig, 357 at the range the other day. Wow was that a great gun!
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

I`m considering a handgun for the first time. I`m looking at the CZ 52. I have a friend that ordered one and am waiting to see how it shoots and the overall quality on the weapon.
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

I have two that I chose from to pack, one is a S&W Sigma 380 http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/gunpages/sigma380.htm that I can stuff in a pocket of a pair of shorts and no one knows that I have it. The main reason I like it is because my wife can carry it and I can take it places that a more expensive / nicer pistol might make me nervous (basically if it gets trashed I don't care too much).
the next choice is my Glock 40 model 27 http://remtek.com/arms/glock/model/40/27/ it's a bit bigger and a bunch more gun to say the least.
One thing to consider is your size, I am tall and skinny so I can't pack a 1911 without the world knowing I have it so the two concealment options I have suit my needs.
Get what you are comfortabel with and don't buy anything without shooting it first, Sig makes a nice gun and I am partial to HK even though I don't own one.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I'm actually ashamed to admit that I don't own a gun. I fully plan on changing that someday. I do have a pump up bb/pellet gun, and a pellet C02 revolver though :D

My dad has a nice German Luger with a low serial number that's being passed down the family. My wife will be getting an antique pistol from her grandmother. I forget what it is.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Believe it or not, but the Glock 22 .40 (fullsize) is what I normally carry in a inside the pant holster. I guess im fat enough that no one notices. I also have a S&W sigma .40 and a Kel-tec P40 as well.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I don't have a pistol, but I hunt. so I have a 270, .22 magnum, a single shot 12ga., and a pump 12ga.

I deer hunt mostly so the 270 gets used at least a couple times a year. usualy only gets 5 or six shots a year. 2 or 3 to site it in and 2 to fill my tags. I used to go shooting quite a bit but I have no time now. the single shot is old so it only gets fired everyonce in a while. but I try to clean them every chance I get. If I ever have a daughter they will get cleaned when ever she brings home a date...... :laugh:
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

DBrown wrote:If I ever have a daughter they will get cleaned when ever she brings home a date...... :laugh:
I have 2 daughters!!! :eek: If I still work for the sheriff's office still when boys start becoming interested, I will have both of my fullautos out cleaning....... Damn punk boys
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Phillipi,
I watched a guy shoot is HK at the range the other day. Actually my buddie that I work with who is also a PO shot it. Very impressive gun. Guy had a couple of other tactical weapons. What was really cool was the halographic(sp) sights. Dude had some serious $$ tied up in his guns. More than I will probably ever have
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

I have a 12 gadge and a compound bow. My mom way back in the day brought home a boy and her dad came out with the shot gun and scared the crap out of him. he never came back. Its fun what you can do with guns beside's shooting them.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

plowboy wrote:Phillipi,
I watched a guy shoot is HK at the range the other day. Actually my buddie that I work with who is also a PO shot it. Very impressive gun. Guy had a couple of other tactical weapons. What was really cool was the halographic(sp) sights. Dude had some serious $$ tied up in his guns. More than I will probably ever have
Which HK was it? I have a MP-5 open sights and a HK G-36C with an EOTech red dot on it. They both shoot great. MP5 is great to about 100 yds and the G36 out further.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

G-36 with a halographic sight system. FUN,FUN, FUN!
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

It is that.... Although I have yet to fire a gun that wasnt fun. :D
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

True, True
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

[quote="EBSTEVE"]
One thing to consider is your size, I am tall and skinny so I can't pack a 1911 without the world knowing I have it so the two concealment options I have suit my needs.quote]

That is a problem with my 9MM. My love handles cause it to stick out with my holster. If I put it in the small of my back w/o a holster, I can get buy with just a t-shirt. I pretty much only cary when I am working all nighters by my self.
B2JAY

Guns

Post by B2JAY »

Walther p-99 (James Bond) and an SKS with a couple of mods (folding stock and no more fixed clip) Saving up for a Spingfield Arm .45 ACP