Trailer questions?

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
DBrown

Trailer questions?

Post by DBrown »

I am looking for a trailer for the BII and heard about a kit you can buy that you weld it together and you can get it for cheaper. anyone else here of this?

I am only wanting to spend about $500 on one......so I need to look for the best deal.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

If you do find out where these plans are then let me know. I am also looking for a trailer (I will even consider buying a NEW ONE!!!). I want to make my B2 a trailer-queen. We shall see what happens.

Good luck on the trailer plan hunt. Keep us posted if/when you find out any information.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

i dont know about plans for building one but i bought mine brand new off the show room floor for 1600 out the door! i wouldnt buy a used one everyone wants about 2000 bucks for the same trailer i have! dont know why used ones cost more. I think its because they think no one knows how much trailers cost!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

yeah, I am planning on removing the tags on the BII this year. I already have a buyer for the 4.0L/tranny/transfer and both axles. I am just waiting at this point. when my shop goes up with the house this year I am getting out the sawzaw and welder, and starting all over from scratch. I figure if I take it all apart it will be more incentive to get it done.

DBrown

Post by DBrown »

well, I gave up on the building thing just thought I would let y'all see what I came up with.

16', full width, dovetail, lights, dual 3500lb axles and ramps........$750

mekcanix

Post by mekcanix »

very nice work did you do this from a plan or just wing it either way hellofa nice job
Its a Bronco II thing............EVEN WE DONT UNDERSTAND
85 bronc modded up a bit
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I bought it. I also got under it and found out it has trailer breaks on all 4 wheels. the only problem is I don't know how to wire them up. any one got any ideas?

FatMan

Post by FatMan »

nice SCORE DBrown!!! i heard trailer brakes are a muther f@*ker. i bought a control box but i have'nt try'd to wire it up yet and the PRO's wanted $78.00 a hour to install it and could'nt even tell my how long it was gonna take to install. needless to say i'll be attempting to do this myself. a buddy of mine say's all you need is the instructions and a test light. so happen's i have both i think i'll start the install next weekend if i get it rite i'll let you know how it went. ;)
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

that would be great! all I am realy having trouble with is how to tell which wire is pos. and which is neg on the drums. I priced a control box and I think I can get it for $150 installed.

MHHodges11

Post by MHHodges11 »

On your trailer brakes there is a simple way to test the wiring. Hook it up and have someone apply the brakes on your rig while you listen to the trailer brakes they will make a buzzing sound of kinda a beep. If you hear this they are working if not swap the wiring and try again. Trailer wiring on both the rig and trailer seemed intimidating to me until I got into it and now I Have learned with patience, time, a testlight , and a partner it is fairly simple.
If it has wheels and an engine I can modify it.
n9emz

Post by n9emz »

DBrown wrote:I bought it. I also got under it and found out it has trailer breaks on all 4 wheels. the only problem is I don't know how to wire them up. any one got any ideas?
Changed computers and lost the site....just got it back up. Did you get the wiring done. If not, I just went through the whole schlemeil; Installed Sure-Pull Class V receiver and wired up a 7-pole system and Tekonsha Sentinel controller in my "new" 1995 F-250; bought a used 7,000# 16-ft utility trailer....re-decked and rewired it, installed new DOT approved light package, breakaway kit, etc. It had electric brakes on both axles that had never been wired in (previous owner pulled it with a 4-wire system), and man was I happy when I wired them up....brand new brakes and the trailer pulls like a dream.

I previously had the "pros" do all of this type of work....to the tune of about $750 in parts and labor for each truck/trailer combination. Excluding the trailer decking, I did it myself for less than $250 with all new parts.....for less than the retail cost of a new Class V receiver. And, total time involved was less than eight hours.

If you or anyone else needs some help/advice, give me a shout. It's good to be back and regards to all,

Sambo