Finnally a break in the action

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
plowboy

Finnally a break in the action

Post by plowboy »

Ok, I am starting to recognize a scary pattern. I bought my 2nd BII a year ago last Christmas. It sat in my garage till June, awaiting me to strip an old ranger and drop in the aledged good motor. In June I had it running and was having fun. This past Jan. the aledged good motor went south. Anyone want to take a stab at where the BII has been since Jan.? I have had a motor on a stand awaiting a lower end since march. Parts have been on the bench and last night I FINALLY got a chance to work on it. Hopefully by this June I'll have it back again. This has been my schedule...Mon. night son #1 baseball practice/ Tue. night son # 2 practice / Wed. Church and games / Thur. Son # 1 again / Friday son# 2 again/ Sat. Games all day. Sunday Church, which I work at, so no loafin at home. And in between, building a recording studio. Nobody... know of any good cabins up in the Was wilderness I need to get away..Hahaha!
Oh well thanks for the vent.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I completely understand your frustration. I have done just about ziltch in about a month on my 5.0 swap. It pisses me off that when I am not working (which has been so freakin much lately) that I have house stuff and then kids (1 boy and 1 girl) baseball practice/games to go to. I also have tons of "projects" to get done around the house that I have been putting off (side yard sprinklers, Front porch re-do, major garage cleaning, finish inside setup of shed, etc....) There isnt enough time anymore... :eek:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

About every six months my life seems to take a significant turn such as getting a job, going to school, buying a house etc.... Kind of odd how it works out. I got a hunch I know what the next change will be.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

what do you think its going to be???
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

I guess it's the "joy" of being an adult. I am greatfull for all that I have, but sometimes the rat race gets to be too much. I envy all the guys that have gotten their rigs done before the have kids. Kids require a lot. Oh well, one thing I have to look forward to is that my wife and I had kids young, which means I will be younger when they are gone(somewhat). More time to play with my toys.

One thing good happened this weekend, it rained. No practice or games. I finally got the bottom end of my motor done. It was offset by the fact that I forgot to put in the drive for the oil pump which I fixed, but when I got to the upper end I found I needed to switch heads, no problem I got an extra set on the shelf. Only problem is I have every gasket, but head gaskets. After I got over being frustrated I had a good laugh.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

Hang in there man! I too had kids young. I`m 35 and have a 17 yr. old,a 12 and 13 yr. old. I`m glad that I had the energy to keep up with them when they (we) were younger. By the time I`m in my early 40s they`ll be gone. You`ll also gain back some of your free time as they too get older. My wife is now finally finishing her 2 yr degree and will be working on her 4 yr next fall. I can`t wait, cause our income will DOUBLE when she graduates and starts working full time. Makes up for the leaner years now passed,when our friends were still going out doing what younger people do while we stayed home with babies. Now my kids are old enough to babysit my friends kids!! I`ll be out wheeling while they are knee deep in diapers! :D
azbroncoII

Post by azbroncoII »

Having the kids leave the nest seems all fine and dandy and with the wife working full time your HONEY DO LIST will get all that free time your prayin for. Not do be totally on the downside, the time you do get to work on the rig will be that much more rewarding.
90 broncoII 2.9 Life is like my bronco
"under rated & over worked"
89b24x4project

Post by 89b24x4project »

geuss im lucky cuase im 17 but unlucky cuase im broke and have all this free time cuase i lost my job and all my money is tied up in to going to school in wyoming and then im joining the marines so i geuss im set till im like 24 is it really not that fun being an adult ??
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

No it's not all that bad. Sometimes it can be overwhelming. Having kids... let's see what can be said about that? Kids bring you a joy that only they can bring. My 3 boys are the best a parent could ask for and there have been countless times that my wife and I have laughed over what they have done or said. :angel: Just my $.02...don't have any till you and your partner are good and ready because they are a lot of responsibiltiy and they aren't cheap. However sometimes they just come along. :eek: and you have to take life in stride. :cool:

Matt, thanks again for the board. It's great to have things in common with other people.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Kids are a blessing to be sure, but they can be a pain in the butt as well. Its just like everything, there are good and bad. Dealing with kids fight over stupid stuff can wear on you, when its not really that bad. I know I think my kids are going to drive me nuts, until we go out and see that other kids are freaks and mine are pretty freakin great. :D
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Well putt :tongue2:
89b24x4project

Post by 89b24x4project »

what do YALL do for a living ??
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Deputy Sheriff for 10 1/5 years. Currently on Patrol / County Metro SWAT team.
89b24x4project

Post by 89b24x4project »

my dad has been a deputy sheriff here in brazoria county for 7 years he works in the jail i hopefully will be an automechanic and a marine hopefully
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

I am a video director at a large church. I produce a weekly program that airs locally. Hopefully by this fall it will be on nationally.