I've been busy.....

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I built my own quick disconnects with the stock mounts. Cut the stock connecting rod in half and weld in a piece of pipe at the length you want. I extended mine 3 inches to compensate for the lift i was running.then I drilled the bolts to fit a pin, then grinded the end of the bolt with a subtle point for easy pushing in through the connect rod bushings. It rattled a little but was cheap, fast to build, and it functioned very well in Moses Lake dunes under heavy use. Just an Ideer.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
DZK007

Good idea....

Post by DZK007 »

Thanx for the tips. I'm a machinist and do a lot of work for the government - with the CNC's and other equipment at my disposal, I'm sure I can make all the rubble I currently have work for me.
I like the pointed pin tip. I just envisioned myself swearing at the darn pins at the end of a long day because I had overlooked it..... :redneck: I still have all the parts to put it back but I'll have to re-work my tow loop mounts (you can see them in the pic of the front) but it shouldn't be too difficult.

:hmmm: If anyone wants my old billet aluminum lift blocs (I made them) I'll sell them for $10 +...... :beer:
'84 Bronco II, 3.0L, 4X4, 5spd, D-35+8.8 w/31spl Explorer axles, some suspension mods.....

410fortune Owes ME $$$ !