Picked up #6 today

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Lance Skene

Picked up #6 today

Post by Lance Skene »

Picked up another B2 today, '85 XLS, 4x4 automatic, factory a/c, cruise control, tilt, sunroof, power lumbar seats, side vent windows, aluminum spare tire rack, last on the road in '98. Havent tried to start it yet but I have plenty of parts so Im not too concerned about that, has few rust spots but not bad condition overall. I swapped a 16hp Kohler garden tractor engine for it and spent $50 on fuel to haul it home;)
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Re: Picked up #6 today

Post by tekatlarge »

Ya see Lance, Them there BII's is addicting isn't it? :cool:

Where are the pictures???????????????????//
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Havent been on the computer all summer but we got snow now so Im in the house more, or the shop.

So the XLS motor was/is stuck, I put diesel in the cyl's and left it sit.... still wont turn so Ive dragged it into the shop so I can pull the motor out and put it on a stand so I can investigate, I got other motors if I need one. I also have a complete Duraspark conversion that Ive never used, all brand new in the box parts, including carb. The plan is to get some work done on the truck over the winter, getting running and check if the tranny is good... will just have to see where it goes.

Still drivin my original BII and its registered but I dont have proper plow lights so the police wouldnt approve... the blade obstucts the signal lights.
Still drivin the green '84, I like that motor so if I need one for the XLS this would be a good donor.

The XLS is in pretty good cond for 30+ canadian winters, paint is poor, there is likely some rust under the moldings, interior is decent but dirty, I think I can bring it back from the dead. LOL

I'll try gettin a pic up this time Tek;)
Attachments
007.JPG
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Hi ya Lance
I like the looks of the latest one. What Trans does it have? I am really tired of automatic transmissions and their problems. Right now I am trying to figure out what to do about my broken F150. I had a bad trans leak and then it got ugly. I am going to need to get it overhauled here at 140K miles.. The question is do I do a R and R myself and then farm the trans out. Another option is to buy a reman and replace mine. The last option is take it to the shop park it and return 10 days later with brown paper bag full of cash and be done with it and let them screw with it.

I haven't been so mobile since the summer. Recovered from a shoulder replacement, and wouldn't you know it I took a tumble and pretty much screwed my hip up. If I were a bit more mobile I wouldn't have a problem pulling the trans myself and swapping in a reman. oh the trials we must meet. ha ha ha. Glad all is well in the Great White North. Sure glad I don't need to worry about a plow I just need to keep the pontoons handy here.. Good to hear from ya. The Best..Rip :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Yes it is the auto... and I wont know if its good until I get a motor in front of it, I do have one spare auto but again I dont know if its good or not. If I have to I can swap it to a manual but I would prefer not to go that route if I can avoid it. The hope is for this to be the last daily driver I'll need, and down the road I'll put my red body on the plow truck.

I doubt my '89 F150 is gonna last much longer, slow to shift now and then. I dont want to put much into it so Ive started tinkerin on the full size '80 Bronco, pleasantly surprised with it, although it looks rough with all the typical rust issues it does drive nice, no rattles even driving around in the pasture, brakes are weak tho... probably just stuck from sitting.

Too bad they cant fix us like we fix our trucks eh, I got a couple none OEM parts myself... we aint gettin younger.
Attachments
bronco5.jpg
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Well the F150 turned out to be a very expensive repair. I had to give in and have the trans fixed by a shop in town. I just couldn't stand long enough to get the job done. So I took it in and had the pros rebuild the trans. While they were repairing the transmission they noted a significant amount of oil leakage from the right side of the engine. I went down and sure enough oil leaking from the right rear corner of the cylinder head. Looked like another blown gasket. I rebuilt the top end of the motor about 2 years ago so I was a bit disappointed that it was leaking. I did that head job once before and I would be damned if I were going to go that route again.

I had them go ahead and replace the head gasket while they were doing the transmission repair. They found front pump problems and bad bushings in the pump. They also found the reason for sudden oil loss from the transmission. The loss was caused by a broken ear on the torque converter. It had split the converter open so every time it moved it was pumping fluid out on the ground.

Well a mear $3800.00 US and I am back on the road again. I am going to have to stand on a corner and look for handouts this year. That was a financial disaster for sure..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington