new B2 for me

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Robo

new B2 for me

Post by Robo »

IMG_2452 (1).jpg
Hello everyone, new to this site and just thought I would share my 87 B2 with you. I bought the truck from a private party in south west Colorado. According to guy who I bought it off of the truck spent 15 years in a barn before he bought it in 2008. It spent its whole life in Colorado So I bought it on ebay and then got a plane ticket for my dad and myself and we flew out there from Chicago and drove it home 1000 miles. The truck ran great and made it home 70-75 mph all they way home non stop. Everyone laughed at me when I said what I bought and that my plan was to drive it home 1000 miles. Several said you better bring a tool box, It has 80k miles on it, the interior is in excellent condition, the exterior has very minor surface rust in a few spots no holes in the sheet metal. The blue paint is peeling on the passenger side. Ok no biggie
Many people ask me what I am going to do with it ? I guess the best answer I have come up with is I am going to put it in my garage and take it all apart and then put it back together. I had a B2 from 1988-93 however I began having kids and the third one came along and it was time to get something to fit the family in. So 30 years later I have another B2 I am 51 years old and almost done with my house rehab I wanted and winter project other than remodeling the house. A body man for 10 years and presently a paintless dent repair tech for the last 20 years. Its time to rehab a cool set of wheels for myself. So I found this truck pretty much solid as can be for 30 years old and oh yea my plan is to take it all apart and repaint it complete with the original color pattern that it is now. I picked up some chrome wheels that will be added after the paint work is done.
Living in Chicago you just don't see any B2s anymore they all went south and west and the ones that stayed here in Chicago met the death of rust from all the road salt. I know lots of guys on this site have their trucks lifted and looking pretty cool however I am not the best at mechanical and suspension work, I am a body man and I guess the plan is to restore it back to original as best as I can. Some time in January its gonna get torn down and paint it in February that way its ready to go in March when the weather starts to get a little nicer here in Chicago.
If anyone has any ideas on what to do with it ? send them my way.
Other than that I will keep in touch as to how my project is coming along.
Phillippi

Re: new B2 for me

Post by Phillippi »

Very cool. I will follow this restore.

I wish I had the time and money to complete mine instead of selling it.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Me too
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
broncofan

Post by broncofan »

Very clean and not abused. Keep us posted and post more pics .

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 tune, 06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition,03 Mustang GT Conv, 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2, 84 BII