Marco

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
tekatlarge

Marco

Post by tekatlarge »

Hey Marco.............
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Mud Addict

Re: Marco

Post by Mud Addict »

polo :redneck:
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

WOW at least we still have 1 person still out there!!!

How is it going there Mr. Mud Addict.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Mud Addict

Post by Mud Addict »

lots of working, little bit of wheeling
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Man O Man I know what ya mean WORKIN!!

I have been working like a 3 legged well digger this last week.

Trying to take maximum advantage of the good weather while I can.
I have been trying to get some junk moved out of my Tent and into dry storage. This made interesting by my clearing out of the shop at the same time. I am clearing the shop so I can get going on the T frame. I am doing this in steps and things were going along till Last Friday when "The War Dept" announced that the F150 was on the fritz again. Turns out it had an over-temp event. Apparently ran out of water. She got it shut down and found the plastic fill bottle was bone dry. She said about a gallon of water refilled it.

So of course everything comes to a stop and I start troubleshooting the truck. It was low on water again. So I top it off and let it run for a while. about 20 min later it is down an inch in fluid level. I shut the truck off and start looking for a fluid leak. First check- No white smoke or smell of coolant in the exhaust. Good sign. second. No water in the oil and no milkshake in the oil fill spout. good sign. So I look for wet spots and when I look under the front fender I find fluid. So after looking everything over I determine the reservoir has a leek somewhere. I pull this thing out and I can't really see where it is leaking so I decide new hoses, New bottle,New thermostat and go from there. While I am making my list of parts I bring out the pressure tester and run a pressure test on the system. I can't bring the pressure over 6 lbs. Ok that confirms my suspicions. I decide to test the pressure cap too and it was crapping out at about 8 psi. This system was set to self destruct.

So I get the parts and it is all together. It appears to be holding pressure and the level is stable. I will keep my fingers crossed! Now back to work..

Oh yeah here is a new vocabulary word of the Week!!! The word is Degas Tank.

That is the official word for my plastic radiator overflow tank. I was corrected by Mr Ford parts guy. The word is short for De-Gas Tank. Its designed to help bleed the cooling system of Air..

Just Sayin
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Mud Addict

Post by Mud Addict »

I just got one big job done at work, and finished one little job at my shop and started a second one. Then today I replaced the exhaust on my 2014 H-D, sounds meaner now :redneck:
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Ah to be able to ride again would be awesome.. I have not ridden since 03 and it sucks.

Oh speaking of Sucks The ol F150 had a heart attack this morning with "The War Dept" on the way to work. :eek: It had a grand mall seizure on HWY 18 and by the time she got off the freeway the F150 was barely running and puking up golden 20 dollar a gallon antifreeze all over the side of the road in Auburn. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Skip ahead to finally getting it back to the shop. :hmmm: First order of business was check under the hood. Oh my, definite signs of expulsion of the cooling fluids, it lost almost a gallon of fluid. :mad: I started it up and it ran fine. No smoke no steam. The Check engine light was on. Scanned the codes, P1299 and P1285 I think. they translated to extreme cylinder head temp. and engine over-temp. :wtf:

Well all of the symptoms I have been having from the truck all summer was signs of something catastrophic building and it finally happened. I missed the clues like using water, mysterious temp gauge fluctuation, unconfirmed inconsistent swings of gauges and random oil over-temp indicator. Oh and not to mention about a dozen "My Truck started and ran rough for a minute" complaints. So only one conclusion when faced with an overwhelming mountain of evidence. I have become the victim of A cooling system breach!! This meaning a BLOWN Head Gasket. an additional test checking combustion gasses in the cooling system went Positive.

Well that was something I didn't need to happen. Now I have to stop everything and pull the heads and get this back together. I absolutely hate having to hang over the front end and fenders doing this. An old Fat guy just taint built for this.

So tomorrow I guess it is get things ready to move in the shop day to get the truck inside and start the autopsy and see if I can keep this under a couple grand!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe film after the late show.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Mud Addict wrote:I just got one big job done at work, and finished one little job at my shop and started a second one. Then today I replaced the exhaust on my 2014 H-D, sounds meaner now :redneck:

Hey I am a subscriber of the old saying "Loud Pipes Save Lives" They may say I didn't see him officer but there gonna look silly when they try to explain they didn't hear the Harley with straight pipes!!

Its gotta be loud...Louder is a proven scientific ingredient to FASTER!!!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Lol.. been a little quiet here has it?

Winters coming so I'll be around a little more, spring and summer here are all about yard work and the tractors that go along with it.

The amount of rust on my DD tells me its time to get working on another B2, I have another one with a decent body but its an auto, and a third one that runs quite well but I was told the manual tranny was no good. Sooo... over the winter I want to piece together the best of both and then swap over some parts from the DD aswell.

With everything on hand I should end up with a pretty decent truck, 2.8L with duraspark, 2" lift, 411 gears, roof rack, good lighting, class 5 hitch, tinted glass, rear access window, cruise, Ranger rims w/30" tires. Nothing extreme but should make for nice capable DD. Basically the same as the one Im driving minus the rust. Undecided at this point if it will be auto or manual.... dont currently have a drive shaft for the auto... only good manual is in the one Im driving now. Im leaning towards the auto, can always swap it out later if I dont like it. In theory I could have two of them mobile but I also have an F150 on the road, and a full size Bronco w/big block waiting for its turn in the shop.

O.T. ... after the ridiculous amount of snow last winter and a repeat in the forecast I decided to pickup a snowmobile so Im off to my nephews place near Regina Sk this weekend, 8 hr drive is a long ways to go for a sled but I can visit my daughter and g-kids and maybe find a good meal since its Thxgiving weekend here. Sled is late '90s Yamaha 600 in very nice condition, runs nice, doesnt need anything. We're 4km from the nearest small town and 20km to the nearest health clinic so it will be an added measure to avoid being snowed in like we were for a couple days last winter.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Sounds like you been busy as heck like the rest of us over the summer. There predicting a mild winter here and I hope they are right. I still have too many things to do before I am forced inside. I am having doubts about getting the B II running before winter hits. The T just today was just separated from the frame and the body. The frame is now finally on the bench although just setting there. The body set perfectly on a small wood framed cart so I can roll it around. I cleared my working bay today so I can pull the F-150 in tomorrow and get started on the top end teardown. That is a job I am not going to enjoy!!!

You mentioned Thanksgiving up in Canada Land. I went to Montreal once back in 97 or 98 for the company. We were working with Canadian Marconi on some aircraft equipment certification. The day we met was Canada's thanksgiving! I thought how cool to get two thanksgivings that year. The other memorable part was driving through central Montreal and seeing Ski Lifts in downtown. I asked whats up and was told in the winter the city is pretty snowy so people go skiing in that big park in the center of town. The day before I left it snowed..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington