What did you do with your Bronco II today?

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
tekatlarge

Re: What did you do with your Bronco II today?

Post by tekatlarge »

Just a follow up on the molasses rust removal just go here http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/rust-re ... 04391.html
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

That sounds like it would work similar to vinegar, but what do you do with the rust/molasses afterwards, that would be a smelly mess. Think I'll try vinegar first and see how that goes
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
raljake

Post by raljake »

Changed the oil and filter, then checked and cleaned the brakes.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

I really hate to say it but I didn't work on anything last weekend. I decided it was time for a weekend out on the coast. Just got back. No cellphone No Tablet it was nice and the weather was just awesome all weekend.. Mmmmm I needed that recharge! :cool:= :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: = :D = :puke:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I looked at my bronco. Does that count?
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Spring is garden tractor time for me so I havent worked on a B2 for awhile, been driving the '84 daily for several weeks now... had to mend a broken brittle wire on the side of the highway one day but otherwise its been working very well. One '85 is in the shop waiting for the duraspark to be done, parts are here just need the time, other '85 still mobile but not needed... it might get a snowplow on it before next winter.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Lets see, I found me an 8.8 rear out of a 91 exploder, I was hoping for 4:10 but settled for a 373 Limited slip. It's the perfect width for my TCoupe project. I think I got a score as I got the rear complete with leaf springs, U Bolts, E brake cables, sway bar and brakes. I got the whole works for $150.00 and he used his fork lift to pick it up and place it in the back of the truck and I never got my hands dirty.

On the other fronts I am having major satellite problems. I live in a densely treed area and my last peak a bo of the satelite between the trees has grown over. I don't have cable available this deep in the trees so now I am out surveying every possible square foot of my acreage. I might have had a alternate site picked today but I went to use my satellite analyzer and the battery would not hold a charge! Now it is try and build a battery out of various Ryobi power tool batteries.

Man these types of days really drive me crazy.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

I have turned a wrench on a B2 in weeks, been busy on kijiji with garden tractors tho, and actually showing a little profit for a change, picked up a few cheap JDs that dont need alot of time or $$ but still bring in a buck or two. Doubled the garden area and got it planted, most everything is up already. Mowing is a daily chore now and will be until mid/late july, fricken dandylions are taking over tho so Im building a sprayer, lots of gophers this year also, pasture is full of holes so I had to buy a new .22.

Other than that not much new, '84 B2 still the DD and no issues with it;)
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Still not much B2 news here, other than driving around in the pasture gopher hunting, got a million of the little buggers this year and the holes can result in cattle with broken legs so they need to be culled. Its 'Off Roading'... just real slow and easy. Lol
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

How you doing there Lance,

Not much to report on BII progress, I am getting ready to actually move the BII. I need two trees removed right where the Bronc sits. I am worried that a good storm next winter could bring them down on top of my shop. That would not be a good thing.

I am still plugging away on the T Project. I am rebuilding the tail end of the body right now and am going to hang the suspension on it soon so I will have a roller. Then I can get the 23 T out and cleaned up and make ready to sell.

I need to pull my Crafty John out and find out what is gummin up the carburetor. Like always Too many tasks and not a lot of time to do them..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
offroadohio

Post by offroadohio »

Drove it to work with work with badly worn axle bushings, down the freeway... interesting to say the least

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

And the Bronco II goes Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

So hows everyones new year goin so far? Lot of cold and snow around here lately but its above freezing again this week. The snow has encouraged me to put a plow on the gray '85. I picked up a Snowbear 6' plow awhile back for $100 but it was a bit rough so I spent the weekend repairing and fitting it to the B2, it came off a GMC Jimmy so there was some modifications needed and I had to make a hanger under the B2 for it. Still have to make some skid feet so it cant dig in and add a safety chain so it cant drop on the road if the lift cable breaks, and do the wiring. Should have it ready before the next snowfall. Front right u-joint is making noise on the green '84 so I'll have to work on that here soon. Otherwise not much B2 news.
Attachments
044.JPG
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
broncofan

Post by broncofan »

This morning I looked at mine and shook my head. Haven't done anything to her since it was warm out lol. But I re-did the whole interior, carpet, headliner, interior side panels cleaned and painted. Waiting on spring again lol.
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 tune, 06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition,03 Mustang GT Conv, 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2, 84 BII
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Plenty of snow to test out the plow lately... working just as planned;)
Attachments
003 (2).JPG
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab