What did you do with your Bronco II today?

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
tekatlarge

Re: What did you do with your Bronco II today?

Post by tekatlarge »

you would almost expect the fittings on a sprayer was made to resist chemicals so should be Good to go. I would think if it is black I bet it is ABS. Either way what "dgl6y6" suggested sounds like a excellent Idea..

Lance thanks for the compliment!!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Mornin, WooHoo its the Weekend... now the real work can start.. lol.
Believe Ive collected all the parts for my new shop air supply so Im gonna build a shelf today and hopefully get a buddy or two to come out and help lift the compressors up on to it tomorrow, a little whiskey as bait should do the trick;) Im gonna couple both the old and new compressors together for faster air delivery when using the die grinder, the old comp will shut down around 100psi but the new goes to 150, two tanks give me 30gal reserve. Im replacing an old 25' spring loaded reel with a new 50' and adding in a filter, still shopping for a nice regulator to use with paint guns that I'll want to add in before spring.

Hope to get the new trailer plug installed in the B2 hitch today and get the old Ranger console at least test fit this weekend, the console will be a tight fit between the shifter boots and the rear seats when they're folded ahead so I may add in a bit of adjustabilty for good measure. There wasnt a console in the truck when I got it so I put in a cheap Can Tire one but it doesnt have an arm rest, the Ranger one does.

If anyone has tips and/or suggestions on doing camo paint I'd like to hear them, I think I'll practice on the truck before I start swapping bodywork over. Thinking of going with a winter design for hunting season, 3 or 4 colours, from black to light gray to blend in with winter foilage and snow.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Got the shop air system finished and used a die grinder to install the 7pin plug into the hitch and then used an air ratchet to dismantled a junker garden tractor and loaded it into the trailer so I can haul it to work and toss it in the scrap metal bin. Nice to have a decent air system again. Put the old Ranger console in today so that a few more projects out of the way.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Just to change things up today. I set inside and watched the Seattle Seahawks set themselves up for a trip to the Superbowl !!!

Just had to Jab a bit at any 49ers fans here. Lets Hope we can pull off a Superbowl win!! Go Hawks :D :D :D
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Im with you. Beat the donkeys.
dgl6y6

Post by dgl6y6 »

Lance Skene wrote:If the sprayer fitting is cheap enough you could pick one up and put it in boiling water fro a while to see if softens up or not, but if tis a thicker plastic that would make it smaller id and maybe reduce the water flow. Maybe a metal fitting would be better?
Yeah that would have been the smart thing to do. I would love to do a metal fitting but Im not sure what plumbing parts exist that would do the job. SCH 80 pvc? Grainger Has nylon Tees that say they go up to 275 F. only comes in a 10 pack but oh well.
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Most any home hardware store will have a several differant options... galvanized, copper, brass, aswell as a few plastic options, and alot cheaper than auto parts stores.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Nice weather today so just looking for something to do I rigged up a light under the hood, hopefully the only time I'll need it is to check the oil but Ive always liked having them just in case.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Still working on the shop furnace and am finishing up the ducting and such. I had to make some special Return air ducts and decided to use some 22ga Galvanized sheet scraps from the metal bin and Cut and bend to size.

As I Formulated a blueprint of what I wanted to build it occurred to me this can be all custom built and I can use Pop rivets to assemble it all. Ah but there lies the problem! Ya see that is a lot of repetitive work with my hands so I went down to my local Harbor Fright store and picked up a air over hydraulic pop riveter. I bought the 39 dollar special. I brought it home and promptly riveted everything in sight!! Well I ran out of energy today otherwise I would have all the sheet metal done for the furnace. I have about an hour more work and I can light that sucker off and get something done in a nice warm shop again!!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

tekatlarge wrote:Just to change things up today. I set inside and watched the Seattle Seahawks set themselves up for a trip to the Superbowl !!!

Just had to Jab a bit at any 49ers fans here. Lets Hope we can pull off a Superbowl win!! Go Hawks :D :D :D
You know it looks like Denver just set themselves up for failure from the beginning last night. I was watching the Denver and Seattle bench and right off from the beginning you could see they weren't pumped at all. I mean just a lot of blank stares that turned into zombie like looks by the middle of the second quarter. That was nice seeing a Team like ours play so well and finally get the respect from all the people in the country that use to say "Seattle Whohawks" :wtf:

So as I am such a nice guy its :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: For everyone!! :usa:

:cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Been so bloody cold here lately I havent done anything to the B2 but drive it. My gas gauge doesnt work so I have to calculate mileage fairly accurately but I mis judged and ran out of gas the other day, 502km on a full tank, mindyou with winter road conditions that was mostly in 4 wheel drive and included a bit of trail blazing thru the drifts on the driveway so the wife could get her Focus out, the big tractor is down with a blown rad hose so I have to break up the drifts with the B2 before the garden tractors can plow thru, big tractor should be up and running again tomorrow and this cold snap were in is supposed to move out on wed.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

It has moderated here and the last couple a days we hit the mid 50 Deg F and in between the downpours the sun comes out. I really feel sorry for the east coast and deep south about now!

Been working on the furnace at little bit at a time. I should finish everything tomorrow. All I have left to do is tidy up the electrics and connect the warm air plenum to the main trunk. I did run it a few minutes today. It was kicking out some great heat. I had a minor fuel leak so fixed that and decided to wait till tomorrow so I can get a friend of mine to hang in the rafters and make the final connection to the registers. So things are looking up and maybe I can start getting caught up in the shop. It was fun building the furnace stand and the warm air out plenum. I finally got to use some of my tools that have been just setting. My Shear and brake made this fun even though working with 22ga can be sharp on the fingers.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Finally, after a lot of little details my furnace swap is complete. I gave it a full cycle test yesterday and was able to warm the shop in about 1/2 the time it took before. The furnace was able to maintain a steady level and only cycled a couple a times. The old furnace ran almost continuously to maintain heat! All in all I am pleased, the only downfall with having heat back is the cost of operation! Fuel oil is still Sky Hi!!!!!!!!

Remember the days of yesteryear when diesel was about 1/2 the price of a gallon of gas. I am noticing that diesel now is at least 50 cents higher than gas. They used to tell us gas was more expensive to refine, I wonder what the excuse is now!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Made a deal today on a bargain priced plow blade for my B2, $75 complete with winch and owners manual.... it was $1800 4 yrs ago when he bought it... but it needs a little work, the guy bent a couple of the mounting brackets in the swivel system and bought himself a bigger model. Since I work in a metal fab shop its really easy, and cheap, for me to repair anything made of steel. It was on a Blazer before but I can adapt it. I wont bother trying to get it done right away but I'll fix it and beef it up considerably ready for next winter. Snow removal is a big chore for me but none of my tractors have a cab so I offered the guy $100 two months ago... but he didnt accept... NOW he calls me so I told him only $75 since winters over..lol

sometimes it really does pay to be patient;)
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab