What did you do with your Bronco II today?

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
deputyfestus

Re: What did you do with your Bronco II today?

Post by deputyfestus »

I could sure use one of those here in Montana.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

That's a pretty good deal! You should be ready for the snows next year. I am glad that we do not get much in the way of snow here in the winter. We might get 1 snowstorm a year and it is usually under a foot max. In fact they are forecasting some light snow here this evening and tomorrow. I am not in agreement as the current temp is 42 and the night temps are supposed to stay just above freezing. Lets hope it is a false alarm and next week is nice.

I am moving along on the shop improvements. I am currently replacing the ceramic bulb sockets in the ceiling with 4 foot florescent 2 baulb fixtures. I should soon be able to see a heck of a lot better.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Ok now moving along on the shop Improvements. The latest adventure is improving the lighting. I have a bunch of screw in bulb sockets with the now famous curlycue CFL lamps. They light ok but I really wanted more light. Several years ago I bought 4 4ft Dual lamp Fluorescent fixtures and had them just stored in the corner of the shop.
Well I decided to do this little job and get it done and out of the way. However, after getting the fixtures hung I noticed the opposite end of the shop was still dark so off to the store for 2 more troffer fixtures so I am going to hang them today and complete the wiring and switch changes. Then I am going to see if I can get the Tcoupe project back on the right course and maybe even finished this summer. I love it when a plan comes together.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
dow229

Post by dow229 »

Today started to replace the clutch but all the melting has turned my work area into a flood zone. So I replaced the battery cable and changed the oil in the tonner.
deputyfestus

Post by deputyfestus »

Hi all, been working on changing the interior color from faded red to semi-gloss black. Will be going with a new paint scheme in the spring. I am also designing an exhaust system that's never been done as far as I know. Have all the new parts just finalizing the design in my head. I'll keep ya posted.
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

I'll have my own flood zone if I dont get all the snow away from the shop and around my parts trucks, were supposed to get a couple weeks of plus temps finally so Im moving the snow to the ditch out front where it wont cause any issues. Got it cleared away from the two B2s and the big Bronco yesterday but then had a knuckle on one of the bucket rams break so I need to fix that this week.

Brake light was on in the B2 for a few minutes the other day so Im betting I need to replace the master asap.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Quiet around here these days... everyones truck is running perfectly I guess.LOL

Mine is gonna need the brakes looked at very shortly but as long as I keep the master topped up they continue to work so Im waiting and hoping for warm weather, still a snowbank between me and the parts trucks.

Right now Im working on old Ford garden tractors, ne1 else here involved in those things? I seem to collect them, and I need them ready for when the snow finally disappears.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Hey Lance, I thought it was frozen tundra year round up there in the Great White North. eh?
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Well it kinda is... old man winter can f off anytime now afaik, I already had the garden tilled this time last year... but I had to plow snow twice last weekend. lol

Lots of Fords around here waiting for spring servicing, B2 needs brakes, F150 needs the trailer plug replaced because I backed it into a hard snowbank, Focus needs summer tires, 2 Ford garden tractors need to be rigged up for non-snow related duties, and theres still a big Bronco I brought home last fall that I havent even looked at yet.

I should retire soon, this working crap takes up way too much time;)
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Went for a sunday drive with the B2 and this Ford 120 garden tractor followed me home..
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lgnzs9gj4vaw3xr/0ibldr6SSS

stopped for fuel in the district of Vulcan...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qi4e0hg7h9hh84o/PmGdF0uUrm
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Lance, That's a Kool old Ford. That sucker looks to be in decent condition. Ah I did notice the period correct Armstrong Hydraulics.

Ya gonna put it to work or restore?

BTW: I like that town of Vulcan. Maybe we will have a Zefram Cochrane city one day!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
deputyfestus

Post by deputyfestus »

This is what I did to it today.Image[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397527842409.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1397527842409.jpg
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Im guessing you washed it and the "II" came off the hood badge???
JK... nice looking truck.

Not real sure what Im gonna do with the tractor but the price was right, I just started working on a '75 Ford, this latest one is about a '68 and very popular with the collectors but I prefer the '75 because its heavier, I have 14 acres to maintain so anything I keep around has to be able to work. I just finished cleaning up a '57 Bolens last fall...
Attachments
Agson2.JPG
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Finally got around to swapping the master cyl yesterday so I dont have to look at that red light on the dash every time the resevior get low on fluid.

I pulled two B2's home late last fall and never had time to do anything with them before the snow started, so I pulled one into the shop yesterday and started it... was quit pleased it started up good and sounds good, quieter than the one I drive actually, so Im happy to know I have a good spare engine if/when I ever need it. Im gonna take out the door locks, fuel gauge and a few other odds and ends this weekend and move it back outside. The other parts truck Im told does not run but it has the 2" lift, 4.11s and the best body work so thats the one I want to get started on and tear it down completely, and hopefully get some of the parts onto my DD before next winter.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
deputyfestus

Post by deputyfestus »

Hi Lance, I live in Montana so know all about working in snow. Most of its gone now except what's in the hills surrounding us. Been building my '84 since last August. I use it for work and its been the best all around truck I've ever owned. [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399526466983.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399526483801.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1399526466983.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399526466983.jpg (24.28 KiB) Viewed 3463 times
uploadfromtaptalk1399526483801.jpg