Hello from Alberta

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Lance Skene

Hello from Alberta

Post by Lance Skene »

Hi folks, I got time off work right now so Im working on my B2 and hangin around a pc more than usual and found this place.

I have a stock '85 B2, 5spd, picked it up for $200 about five years ago, plated and insured but not a daily driver, unless it snows every day. Its rusty but it drives fine, good hunting truck.
In the middle of doing the duraspark conversion right now because the advance timing electronics quit working the tfi system.
Swapped out the back fixed window hatch yesterday with one that has the window that opens, I like that.
Also have the dash ripped out because I saw evidence of a damn mouse so gotta get in there with a shopvac, we live on an acreage so it happens all too often around here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcmcjtwfp8frtl6/Bronco1.JPG
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
Phillippi

Re: Hello from Alberta

Post by Phillippi »

Nice truck Lance. Welcome. Hopefully we can help sometime if you run into something you have questions with.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Welcome Lance, I used to know some people from Alberta.. I think we also have some people from Alberta here. So have a Beer on us and Welcome :beer: :canada: :beer:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Thx guys, I look forward to seeing what other ppl are doing to their B2s. Mine is kind of a hunting/spare/farm beater right now but Im trying to get it setup ready to start driving it to work daily about 60k there and back. I drove a 4l Ranger for 20 yrs but recently upgraded to an f150 so its a bit hard on fuel for a daily driver. Other than recent electrical issues the B2 is mechanically sound, and I dont intend on modding it much but there is a 2" lift on one of my parts trucks I might swap over next summer.

I also recently picked up a full size '80 Bronco that Im hoping to fix up to replace the f150 for pulling the camper trailer, havent even started on that one yet. Also have a couple Ford garden tractors, and the wife drives a Focus... I kinda have a Ford farm goin on here, they seem to multiply...lol

3 B2's... blue ones are both parts trucks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfmsem6znp813oc/3BII2.JPG

the big Bronco when it was still in the barn I found it in
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6x93p65tyemwh8/bronco2.JPG

Matching F150 and garden tractor
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zi2iclu7j7g4vmz/F165_001.JPG
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Hey Lance,
That is a nice Fleet there. I especially like the matching Ford Tractor! Any big plans on the tractor? What type of implements do ya have?
I enjoy restoring old tractors as a hobby. The last one I did was an old David Bradley walk behind.

I have a 95 Craftsman 22.5 Hp for just about everything. Right now it has a blade in front and a Ripper on the back. You can't stop that tractor if it wont go forward It digs the damnedest holes in the ground. Kinda like a backhoe.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Ya I got a GT addiction also..Lol, two Fords, a Columbia 960, and a '57 Bolens, plus a couple stray beater Sears that Im not sure what Im gonna do with. Im gonna start workin on one of the Fords right away and hopefully have it ready for mowing this spring, and maybe till the garden, Im looking for a snowblower for a Ford, idea is to get the Fords both functional and sell the Columbia which is a do all machine right now, it has a tiller, mower, cultivator, plough, and front blade. The '57 Bolens has a snowblower on it so I pretty much have everything I want except a loader... Im looking for small Ferguson or Ford 9N maybe for that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5178s81v0l8wwuf/Agson2.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2bzdjahdje3qml/Col_018.JPG
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Them is some Cool Tractors. I especially like the green Bolens! That tractor has a Cooler than SH?t look about.

Yeah I would love to have a Front loader. I thought about an ol 9N but I am leaning toward building one. I have plans for a small one for garden Tractors so I am going to give that a whirl later on this spring.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Ya the Bolens is a good looking unit for its age, I touch up the paint every few years and keep it well maintained, not fully original but it is actually an un-restored tractor with the original motor still going strong. I got it from an uncle about 25 years ago, he had put the sears snowblower on it and a plywood cab which I would like to replace with an aluminum/lexan one in the future.

I did alot of research on GT loaders and in the end decided it just wasnt enough for me. The highest capacity available is only about 500lbs, but, in order to pick up 500lbs on the front then you need another 4-500lbs on the back as a counter weight, plus the weight of the loader itself... you end up more than doubling the weight of your tractor. Ive come across a few people on forums that found out the hard way the front spindles on a garden tractor are not designed to carry that much weight.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Yeah you need a good solid chassis and axle support for a loader. I am feeling pretty comfortable putting a small one on mine. I have a thick rail frame and a heavy duty cast Front axle and spindles. I also plan to attach the loader mounts aft of the CG by a good percentage. Coupled with some add on weight in the rear and the wheel weights I already have on I should be ok, at least I hope so. I need to get the calculator out and run some numbers and confirm weight. I do not intend to do a lot with the loader short of spreading gravel around and the constant soil moving from the war Dept. First she wanted raised flower beds, Next she wants to double the size of what she has now, and now she wants to double the number of raised beds and I remember breaking a back fixing them back in 96 originally. I swear at this rate she is going to have the whole 2 acres covered in pollen producing perfume. I already get stuffed up in the spring now she is going to get me all year round!!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Have you checked around the GT forums to see if anyone else has put a loader on a similar tractor? I would think a '95 craftsman would be a little on the light side, do you know what the shipping weight is for the tractor, usually guys want to start with something about 850lbs and up. How thick are the front spindles? Guys commonly break 3/4" ones and end up upgrading to 1".
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab