Digital Video cameras

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Phillippi

Digital Video cameras

Post by Phillippi »

Ok, what brand of Digital Video cameras do you guys use and do you like them? Any and all comments welcome as I am looking for one. Thanks

JP :usa:
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

I have a JVC GR-DVL315U. Like that means a whole lot right? It uses mini DV, the real little tapes. It works great. In fact it is good enough that I use it for some of my broadcast shoots. It has 525 lines of resolution which is as good a some broadcast cameras, although most of them are up to 800 lines now. It has DV out so you can hook directly to the computer and down load either video or pictures. You can take snapshots that are saved as JPEGs. Mine is a couple of years old, so I don't know what the current model is, but I works great and shoots awsome pictures. The only thing that I don't like is that it doesn't have image stabalization like some of the Sony Handycams, but it was also cheaper.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

i have a OLYMPUS and i like it. it's not one of the best, but it does the job for me. the pic quality is good, and it is pretty comfortible to work with.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

What I am lookin at right now is the Sony DCRTRV460. Its a Digital8 camera with nightshot, and 20x optical zoom. The other I am looking at it the Sony MiniDV DCRHC20., but its $100 more. I have been looking alot online and have been coming back to the Sony Digital8....
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

i heard sony make some good cameras i would have got one but they were a little out of my price range. good luck!
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

plowboy wrote:I have a JVC GR-DVL315U. Like that means a whole lot right? It uses mini DV, the real little tapes. It works great. In fact it is good enough that I use it for some of my broadcast shoots. It has 525 lines of resolution which is as good a some broadcast cameras, although most of them are up to 800 lines now. It has DV out so you can hook directly to the computer and down load either video or pictures. You can take snapshots that are saved as JPEGs. Mine is a couple of years old, so I don't know what the current model is, but I works great and shoots awsome pictures. The only thing that I don't like is that it doesn't have image stabalization like some of the Sony Handycams, but it was also cheaper.
What line of work are you in?
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

I work as a video director for a large church in Indianapolis. Been in TV now for about 15 years and audio for almost 20.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Sony digital 8's are not bad, they look pretty good. 20x optical lens is a good thing. The more optical zoom (bigger lens) the better. It means you can zoom in farther with out the distortion of the digital zoom. Mine only has a 10x optical zoom. It's ok, but when it goes into digital zoom it looks crappy and is very shakey. If you can swing it I would pick the mini DV. I found mine as a shelf demo at Sears. New models were coming out so I got it for $150 off. Other wise I wouldn't have been able to get it. Personally I don't think you will go wrong with either of the Sony's. Good Luck
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

Wifey got a Hitachi/dvdcam for Christmas thi year, got more bells and whistles than a person couls ever master, very steep and long learning curve.
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Those are cool too. I haven't got to play around with one yet. Did ya have to give an arm and a leg for it?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I forgot to mention that I bought a Panasonic Mini-dv camcorder. This thing is small, has 24 optical zoom and takes verey clear videos. I have had it now like 2 or so weeks and I really like it. Thanks for the input.
:D
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Good choice. Now go have fun :cool: BTW will we be seeing action videos on your website now?.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

What resolution can you get with stills?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Stills are only 600x400 so nothing great there, but none in the price range were good. Thats what I have my digital camera for if I feel the need. I did take a still of a video I took and it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.
89b24x4project

Post by 89b24x4project »

im looking for a good not way expensive camera for action photos cuase i wanna get into photography so i can take pictures at races andf off road events so whats a good starter camera and i wanna have some thig to show for me and my surfin buddies