Tekatlarge.net is Temporary Down

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
tekatlarge

Tekatlarge.net is Temporary Down

Post by tekatlarge »

Well it seems My hosting service has been taken over by the big conglomerate company called Endurance International group. This company specializes in buying hosting companies and molding everything to their vision. The buy, gut the staff, and generally run the service into the ground!

Well it seems a while back I got a notice about some migrations server changes and such. I didn't give it much thought till about two or three weeks ago I went to use my site software that the site was constructed with and Low and behold it was not on the server. Instead there were two new software/site editor programs. Not a single mention as to where the site editor package went. Well this severely hampered my ability to make quick changes not to mention learning another software package.

I enter a trouble ticket and inquire as to where the software was. The first answer was "our board told us to drop that software and only carry this x and y brand of editors". Then they marked my ticket closed.

I mulled that over and opened another ticket and asked why I could not use that site editor I wanted and after an argument via email they agreed to make my editor available in a special folder and gave me the link to it.

I used the link twice in one week and the third time I used it was gone. I just found a blank page. So back to enter a ticket and wait. The first response was an apology and the instructions on how to go to the director and start the program. They then promptly close the ticket. This back and forth has gone on for 2 whole weeks! Finally I told them if they can't fix the site editor I am gone.

Well the short story is I shut my site down from X company hosting because suddenly my site disappeared from the public. and x hosting said I broke it I fix it. I won't say that I think I was hacked from the inside but I am not taking any chances. I copied files and turned it off and I am in the slow process of cleanup and re organization and three domain transfers. I have a new host with good customer service and I decided to consolidate all of my domains in 1 place.
This is just a bit of logistics to transfer 3 domains to 1 registrar especially if you have two reluctant hosts. I expect to get things rolling by late Monday and back up to minimal by say Wed. This is rather slow as my time has been used up lately by traveling and other business.

Bear with me and I hope to have the Library back open soon and even more B II related information
Once completed I will be getting the site back up

I thank the webmaster for this Info bulletin.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Phillippi

Re: Tekatlarge.net is Temporary Down

Post by Phillippi »

Tek that is garbage. Sorry you have to go through that. I used to have my own site as well, and its no fun when they change things up on you. Good luck.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Hey Phillippi,

Long time no hear. I hope all finds you in good health and spirit.
The website problem was a disaster and I have been cleaning up a mess. I can now happily say I am back on line and global. I am having to go through the pile that was my old site and resurrect things 1 by 1. Not 1 file or 1 story was spared the wrath of the X Host. I have managed to save a few things and have some of the site content back on line. I also am attempting to put something together to teach real BASIC Fuel Injection. I put several pages of drivel into the technical Library and am asking people to look it over and see if it makes sense to them. Feel free to check it out at tekatlarge.net or .com or .org. All roads lead to the same place.

So what have you been up to this summer? How your B2 Project have you got it up and running.. Oh and I almost forgot, Hows the Swat adventures? I haven't heard anything from your part of the country lately have you put the bag on all the bad guys?

Don't be a stranger step up to the microphone once in a while?
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

I almost forgot to post this earlier.. tekatlarge.net is finally crawling back to life. I am putting back the content that was trashed and including some new stuff. Have patients as I am putting in a couple a hours a day on restoring the site as I have a million of end of summer things to finish at home.

Come on back everyone I am still out here..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington