Brrr.....It's cold outside

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Icepicker

Brrr.....It's cold outside

Post by Icepicker »

Good afternoon,

I am introducing myself from Inuvik,NT,Canada, and wow is it ever cold outside (-42 Celsius) factor in the windchill (-51 Celcius). The old Brrrr....onco is sitting in the lot waiting for some sunny warm weather to stretch her legs, but first she needs some tender loving care.
Let me take you back to the beginning...A couple of years ago a friend was ready to drag her to the dump, he must have thought she was to lame to bring back to life, however I could see the potential. "I've tried, and others have for the last couple of years to get her to run, but I give up, I'll take what ever you have in your pocket to pull her off my lot." I reached into my pocket and came out with a $20,$10,$5, and some Canadian coin. Thats right folks I got 'Ole Sue' for the sum of, wait for it...wait for it...$50.00 (fifety dollars).
That was in the Spring of 2009, since then I have been able to get her on the road (a blown fuseable link was my friends troubles). After some under the hood work, a bit of accessorising, and alot of suspension rebuilding I got her certified to ride back on the road. Did I mention 'Ole Sue' (named after an old mare I owned as a kid) is a 1985 Bronco II. She came with an anemic 2.8L Cologne engine, 5 speed manual transmission, a Borg/Warn transfer case.
Well I need to get under the covers, gotta warm up , I'll fill you in some more with my future rebuild, post some pics shortly. Until then keep warm and drive safe. Man I feel sorry for my Brrr......onco. It is cold outside.