havent been on for a while

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
101btp

havent been on for a while

Post by 101btp »

hello every one wow the site home page upgrade looks really nice shows you how long I haven't been on for well just saying hi and seeing how people are lately ive been working on a full size bronco putting 2.5 ton rockwells on it and a 545 ford big block stroker in it and the 351 might go into the bronco II, well just wanted to say hi again, well gotta go finish up my 77 Granada so I can drive to work :rolleyes2:
101btp

Re: havent been on for a while

Post by 101btp »

well it's a done deal I just pulled out the 302 and it's suppose to be nice this weekend so in goes the 351 but I will need to get a new flex plate the one in it nows kinda beat
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Got any pics of the project?
101btp

Post by 101btp »

unfortunately I did not get pictures of my build from start to finish but I have a picture of where im at so far! when ever it decided to clear up I will get some more!! O yes by the way the 351 I ended up having to rebuild it and I ended up getting a 302 with a mild cam in it before the parts to re build the 351W because no one stocks oversized 351w main bearing set ... but the 302 sure runs good and im still happy with it!

I will tell you what you sure do get a domino affect when you start doing full suspension lifts above 2"

Im also going with as many stainless steel bolts and por 15 as much as possible underneath working on making this a show/tow vehicle along with the occasional I need to make my own road kinda driving

Best hose clamps money can buy right here and they don't strip out like china junk! and made in the USA!
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-4 ... 5yc1vZbqom
Attachments
download.jpeg
0225141018.jpg
0225141018a.jpg
0225141018a.jpg (235.71 KiB) Viewed 10133 times
Those might look like ford racing wires but their Granatelli wires and I sure love how they run
Those might look like ford racing wires but their Granatelli wires and I sure love how they run
0225141211a.jpg
0225141211b.jpg
Last edited by 101btp on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
101btp

Post by 101btp »

I will be posting a lot more pictures this summer, I have a few engine dress up projects and a gilmer pully set in the mail, and depending on how much I drop into my s197 mustang will set how much I can do on this

although tell you what my 4.0 that is in my mustang for now sure seems like if would make a good fit in a bronco II!!
Last edited by 101btp on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
101btp

Post by 101btp »

well this summer defiantly changing out the intake manifold and going from an Edlebrock carb to a Demon carb!
Attachments
just got done painting the intake I ported out I had laying around
just got done painting the intake I ported out I had laying around
101btp

Post by 101btp »

where im at today

I finally got it running again :beer: and I defiantly love my new street demon carb it need only a slight as in 1/4 turn adjustment but then again that's running 110 octane turbo blue but the idol on it is awesome along with the build of it, also switching from my edelbrock rpm intake manifold to my weiand stealth intake manifold gave it a more stable idol, haven't street tested the combination yet. I am also happy with switching from a mechanical choke to an electric defiantly worth the extra time in wiring!!

IMPORTANT NOTE!! when buying a timing cover bolt set from arp they do not again do not contain the proper bolt lengths necessary I got lucky and had another set I pulled off of another 302 a year or so ago :mad:

I don't know if it's just me but 90 degree thermostat housing's seem to come in a lot more handy than 45 degree housings, I ended up having to go back to a 90 degree one

also if you have the money to buy 3 different water hoses from advanced and can return the other two do it it will save you a lot of running and you can get the best pick

more notes!!! when I was removing my heater box I noticed that A the nuts on the studs for my housing were solid rusted to the studs and B turning in their place, now this is only the two outer bolts not the one inside by the heater core, but anyways I used a cut off wheel cut the nuts off the studs and their is a inner nut on the firewall I left that one but ground about 1/3 the nut thickness down I bought 2 bolts and nuts that were exactly the same thread and left the same stick-out ground the allen heads down to about 1/2 of the thickness and welded them onto the remaining nut on the firewall also tacking the nut to the firewall and defiantly was worth the time!!
Attachments
0317141903.jpg
0331141950.jpg
101btp

Post by 101btp »

Well ever since I have had this vehicle the front bottom of the core support has been kinda in bad condition last year you could really tell from the body mounts so this year I decided to cut the bottom of it off and take the lift blocks out and just replace it with 2 by 3 1/8" wall tube and add some gussets along with fix my cooling problem, O yes I don't wanna forget I also re located my battery box with an aftermarket one from allstar for 23.00 through summit racing you really can't beat the cost it also fits my optima battery perfect! Im also trying to simplify things on the vehicle to same time in the future when I'm working on it! Another good tip for all you insane people that have put v8's in ur machine best thing I ever did was take the fenders off to work on the side of the engine it will save you a lot of time and reduce the amounts of times being pissed off lol....you just get so much better access! Ok so the cooling issue ever since this v8 has been in the vehicle the radiator worked ok it was more square than rectangle was covered by a lot of factory crap in the way such as bumper parts of the core support stuff like that it was just not getting proper air flow I really don't like the factory sized hole so while I was cutting the bottom of the core supper this was optimal time to widen the hold what I did was you know where the core support has the two runners going down that meet right by the bolts in the front to bolt it down well I cut all the way to the second runner overall it gave me I believe close to 5-6 more "" for cooling space and this allowed me to put the brand-new radiator I stole out of my full size bronco (this radiator is a 2 row HD radiator for a 5.8L only) so from the info I just said this will more than sufficiently cool! You also have to make your own custom mounts and relocation holed for the radiator for my mounts I used a couple of gussets on each side and cut one face off of 1-1/2by 1 1/2 1/8" wall tube and to mount is used ss lags. Now the battery box was arguably important to relocate because it's closeness to the radiator, but they also are kinda flimsy and I wanted more space to work because I'm tired of hitting my hands on stuff remember I'm trying to simplify! Also when I cut the base of the core support off wouldn't you know it the mounts on the frame were bad too so best corse of action was to build new ones and save my self wasting money buying ones that were inferior to the ones I made! Best material with in reason to use was heavy wall (3/16) 3" by 3" tube they worked out soo good! I will try to keep every one up to date this year because I have no choice but to make this vehicle legal this year!! I'm also using rust bullet gloss black paint doing 3 coats of it!
Attachments
0808152246.jpg
0809151006a.jpg
0809151009.jpg
0809151009a.jpg
101btp

Post by 101btp »

Well hopefully I can get some more pictures up soon and add some depth to them but I've been quite involved at working on my Bronco II the past couple months between changing the rear 1/3 of from by using 5" c channel or replacing about 3/4 of the floor it"s been quite involved but heres a couple
Attachments
0912151454.jpg
0912151454a.jpg
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

You Could significantly improve your cooling by putting some sort of shroud around the fan. A shroud could improve cooling better than 50% and especially when running at a slow speed.

Just Sayin
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast