my f 150 died! but its okay i got a new one well newish

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
fnlucky

my f 150 died! but its okay i got a new one well newish

Post by fnlucky »

Yep blew the engine in the 150 death of a wonderfull online 6 I'm gona try to rescue it I love it to much not to! But for the meantime f250 super duty! It's a 99 and kinda fell in my lap so yay she's pretty... Bought it with a bum trans the clutches were fried apparenlty the guy did it in the " blizzard" we had and yes its 4 wd! Has a few bugs the door alarm goes off while driving so a little annoying... And the multi function switch had to be replaced... And of course the trans rebuild.... Also why I had it out we tossed in a shift kit.. pics to come
fnlucky

Re: my f 150 died! but its okay i got a new one well newish

Post by fnlucky »

Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

That aint fair thats the kind of truck I want lol... Dont know whats up with my f-150 it wont die lol
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Lol Thx and the f150 is fixable... Just have to rebuild the engine my wonderfull hubby the one pictured pulled it and were ripping it apart tommorow .. this one the 250.. the guy brought it to the shop with a for sale sign on it so I made him a deal cut the rebuild off the price and ill buy it... He said yes bit hey your only in Texas I can keep my eyes peeled for ya.. were always running across them. Just the price I could not say no to..
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

I hear ya bout the price... No 3/4 ton for me till income tax... I pull my b2 with a half ton 99 dodge it pulls good but it takes awhile to get up to speed plus I dont trust dodge trannys but that lil 318 suprised me when I pulled 10,000 lbs with it not very fast never got over 60 but it pulled it
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

But I do plan,on goin to ok to gey my next truck theyre cheaper and r in better shape than down here theres a lot of we tote the note car lots that go up there for auctions
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Just keep me posted I can find them typically... And funny u should mention that about dodged I have a picture to show you now ..... Spot the crack? I owned a dodge once sold it 3 months later got a Chevy blew that up in 6 months picked up a Ford... And another Ford and another Ford and they all take a licking and keep trucking the f 150 is back up.. after the rebuild she is good as new.. I took her out the other day I love that in line 6..

fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

So a little bit of a laugh today.... The dodge on the lift with the cracked case... He stated he had a " rattle " for a agile so he took it to a tire place.... Guess what they said " you need tires" so he dumps 1500 on tires..... Still " rattles" it developed the leak and he brought it in... This crack and the rattle had something in common u joint! Was fried wobbled shimmied and twists .... Were betting that had something to dobwith the.crack and the rattle.... His bill for.repairs from us.. 2,350 .... The u joint were doin for free...9 bucks Whoo effin who.... Now so this guy has just dumped over 3 grand on a " rattle " that was a 9 dollar part....
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

My f150 does the same thing and I used to have a 97 ranger and the dome light and dinger stayed on I did a lil callin around and the pin switch is attached to the latching mechanism in side the door and they are bad bout gettin dirt in them so I blew mine out with compressed air... Btw the u joint ... Dont know whether to laugh or feel sorry makes tire shops look bad u would think there would be some kinda sign like a clang or something when u put it in gear I work at a tire shop and do everything from wheelbarrow to maintainer and 18wheeler tires and the first thing people say its my tires, not u joints or cv axles or bad front end parts but then again some people are out to make a sale not customers (tire shops)
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

I read a service bulletin a while back that covered some of these odd failures and most of them were caused by the failure of a controller located under the dash on the left if I member correctly. I can't remember exactly what they called it maybe something like G.E.M. Anyway this little box controls all sorts of stuff from door locks and remote to all kinds of other signals.
Anyway water drips under the dash and leaks into this controller and then after corrosion starts it goes Phftttttt.. Ya might look in to that. just a wild guess
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

fnlucky wrote:Image

Well I be darned that is a twin of my Tek mobile xcept I got a roof all the way back. I picked this up in early 09 as it was a 2008. I have the 5.4 Auto in it and I love it. I hate the mileage but luv the Van. This is the one I had modified so I can hual my wheelchair around with me. It has automatic doors on the side and a wheelchair platform lift that I just roll on to and up and in. I mainly picked this one cause it was Purty!! He He

Here is Bluie My DD. This is from when I went to test drive it.
Attachments
van1.JPG
van2.JPG
van2.JPG (33.35 KiB) Viewed 3072 times
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Ya mud and I think they looked at him for the sale he's not the brightest lightbulb in the box... And tek it is purdy! I like it and I understand the gas milage and that thing is hefty enough to handle a lift for sure! And I will look into that box you mentioned however something has came to my attention I think its been stolen before... I'll show you a pic of the drivers side door a friend mentioned it to me I figured the door was just dinged but looks like that locks been popped ...
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

If the lock area on the door looks like they were reworked and the area around the locks it is a possible. Check the ignition switch. Look to see if there is an excessive amount of space between the steering column and the key flange.

That is just a couple indicators but even being stolen may not be bad, sometimes someone steals it just to get from one point to the other or like a quick trip 5to the local quick mart for another case a beer..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

My f150 had all the gidgets and gadgets when I bought it had a chair crane in the back, a lil seat that went uo and down by the drivers seat and hand controls... WHICH HURT REALLY BAD WHEN U GET YOUR FINGERS CAUGHT BETWEEN THEM AND THE STEERING WHEEL...bought it from a good friend who is quadrapalegic(or however its spelled) ant way hes paralized from the arms down
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Oh I hate them Damn hand controls. I am lucky in the fact I have at least one partially functioning leg to operate the throttle and brake otherwise I would be stuck with one of them.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington