A Question for Phillipi

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
tekatlarge

A Question for Phillipi

Post by tekatlarge »

I was setting round talking to some fellow heavily armed citizens the other day when someone brought up the Subject of a Utah Non resident CCW Permit. Supposedly this permit is recognized in 33 states that allows you to "Carry" in these States. There is a local Gun-shop that is offering classes and helping the paperwork along. Of course I presume the Standard background check is in order but I am wondering if this is some kind of scam. I have a Washington State CCW permit and carry literally 24/7 and travel to several States that are supposed to support this. It sure would eliminate the hassle I sometimes have to go through in some states.

I figured You being in Utah and Part of the police you would have all the info a guy needed on this subject. Let me know what you know about this permit and what your take is on it.

Thanks

"I would rather be judged by a group of 12 as opposed to being carried away by 6"
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Phillippi

Re: A Question for Phillipi

Post by Phillippi »

Yes Utah does offer out of state CCW permits. Read http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/CFnewapp.html and it shows you what you need to do. It also has a list of out of town certified instructors http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concea ... ctors.html. I do not know exactly what all is needed, but I have no problem with someone who goes through all the process and is not a felon or restricted having a CCW. I think its great that you carry 24/7. As you can imagine I do as well. I actually feel naked not having a pistol. Anyway I hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more information.
tekatlarge

Re: A Question for Phillipi

Post by tekatlarge »

Thank you very much Sir. I do appreciate it and am going to sign up next week..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast