New Canadian

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
gyates93

New Canadian

Post by gyates93 »

Hey guys,

I've just come across this forum, figured I'd say Hi. I don't own a Bronco II (Yet) but I've been interested in them a long time. Currently the only 4x4 in the household is an '04 Explorer Sport Trac. I'm from Newfoundland, Canada, so it's tough to find any vehicles around here which aren't rusted to pieces, especially 20 year old ones. The salt air alone rusts cars.

I'm currently looking at a BII that needs brakes & tires all around, exhaust, a leaf spring hanger, and some body work besides (Hole in the floor, at least one rocker panel, rust at the wheel wells.) to pass inspection. I have the ability to do most of the work, but I don't know how much I'd really be willing to pay for a truck in that kind of shape. Should I just wait for a better one to come around? If I can get the thing for $100 should I go for it?

Thanks!
The Sport Trac:
tekatlarge

Re: New Canadian

Post by tekatlarge »

Welcome,

Thant is a nice little pile a wood there. I also see your yard is surrounded by them big ol evergreens just like mine.

The group here is pretty knowledgeable and there are some great resources here. The B II is a resilient rig it was built tough and with the addition of very little can be a brute.

Now if you can pick up the B II for next to nuttin I would say go ahead if you think you could afford it.

My only bit of advice is to go into this with "EYES WIDE OPEN and CREDIT CARD AT THE READY" Once that first dollar is spent you will find that all the rest of your money wants to follow! Ha Ha Ha.

If you buy it, enjoy it, and most importantly "Have Fun" life is too short to not enjoy every second.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
fnlucky

Re: New Canadian

Post by fnlucky »

hey and welcome I say go for it! Just give it a good look when you buy it if it has minor issues remember most things can be fixed just make sure you have the knowhow to handle it ..... And btw nice wood pile!