hi im new here!

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
fnlucky

hi im new here!

Post by fnlucky »

hey guys im new my name is lucky ive owned 4wd vehicles before and enjoy a little offroad... just last week i ran across a bronco II ( 1988 6 cyl 2.9, 4 speed with overdrive 4wd) on the list of the craigs.... was listed at 500. so my next day off friday like a giddy little kid i drove the 80 miles to look at this thing. when we got there seen a farm house cows horses chickens the old guy took us out back behind a barn so naturally i start hearing banjos and wondering if i could out run this old fart if he decided to go all deleverence on me..... but then i caught eye sight this little bronco two sitting in the corner all by itself... after inspection yeah its gona need alot of tlc starter is out windshild is cracked missing the driverside inside door panel and switch for the windows and also the back inside door panel the engine is in decent shape less right at 175 thou miles ( only rust in one spot on the body) and frame is GREAT ... the guy ended up selling the b2 to me for 200 bucks even... :tongue: .... we tow started it to drive it on the trailer and off we went.... so this is my 80's baby project.... why cause im a 80's baby!

im debating on where to tackle it first at starter has been changed and ive been ripping up the field... glass has a appointment to be put in... so there is where i need help where would you start? ?
Attachments
imagejpeg_2.jpg
imagejpeg_2_1.jpg
imagejpeg_2_0.jpg
imagejpeg_3.jpg
Last edited by fnlucky on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mud Addict

Re: hi im new here!

Post by Mud Addict »

How long was it parked?

Change all fluids, check the front wheel bearings, check brakes, etc....

And welcome to the site :beer:
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

the guy said 4 months..... And thank you with all the buzz over a new toy did not think about the bearings
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

welcome
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Welcome and Congrats on your purchase. I think ya got a smokin deal.. Post up some pics!

Something you ought to do is slide under the rig and just do a good visual on things. I would look the drive shaft over for signs of a bad U joint or CV joint or torn boots on Both driveshafts. With the rig in neutral give the driveshaft a good wiggle and push to see if all the joints are tight. Look over the front end at the axle shaft U joints to make sure all is intact. Check it all over for Leaks, Squeaks, bumps and thumps then enjoy.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

okay these are from the day i went to see it the outside pics were taken at the location it was picked up :redneck: the two inside after i got home :cool: there will be more as time goes on i will have more time to take them im off tommorow! :devil: so doing a fluid change out and flushing the radiator and also full tune up engine however it seems to be in fine working order i see no need for a rebuild yet... :tongue2:
gyates93

Post by gyates93 »

That truck would probably cost a small fortune here.. :P

I'd look over the 4WD components pretty well before using them, as you don't know how long it's been since they were last engaged.
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Snapped it the other morning no major mods yet dyes been doin good holding her own stock don't mind my bosses new rust bucket in the background
Attachments
IMAG0038-1.jpg
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Hey that is looking good. BTW is that an old Plymouth in the rust-ground :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Lol thx tek and ya your right what model I have no clue... I think its a 49 .... The previous owner got some work done but could not cover it all so we played let's make a deal
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

I put 2 mud claws on the back of mine and for a cheaper tire they really impressed me especially at 12 lbs wanted swampers but 600 for 2? And thats with my discount i paid less than 400 for both claws, tires made a big difference but a lil bit here and a lil there, mines a po boy special, u got a good deal though paid 300 for mine and it took a month to get it goin
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Ya and it took a lil elbow grease also I'm just debating on what to do to her lift then tires or tires and or lift later..
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

Its a tough call im impatient I wanted 33's and couldnt afford a lift so I put 2" spacers in front and blocks in rear then I cut the fenders... But I did learn something... Never tell the other half she's purtier than a new set of mud grips lol but I think I found a 4" lift at jc whitney for about 400 id put it in a corner till I got the tires
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

i know im a tad impatient myself however ive got so many other projects right now... its just one thing its running its rollin im cool for now lol however i am plotting larger tires... ive seen two more b2's the last two days one at reasors and the other at lowes the one at lowes had some alabama chrome on the bumper kinda made me giggle i almost felt like leaving a note on the windshield with this website lol
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

and as for the other half my husband would take it as a compliment if i told him he was prettier than mud tires