wiring harness

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
skyhigh85

wiring harness

Post by skyhigh85 »

I need to know which wires to conn. to brain box from ing :cool:
TNMAN

Post by TNMAN »

Are you using the stock ignition? When I put the new Duraspark on my V8 I had to just trying every wire till I got it figured out. If you are using this type(Duraspark) ign......the start circuit has to have a hot wire all thru the start cycle.Some of Fords switches did not have a hot wire when the switch was turned to the start position. I hope this helps some.
skyhigh85

Post by skyhigh85 »

TNMAN wrote:Are you using the stock ignition? When I put the new Duraspark on my V8 I had to just trying every wire till I got it figured out. If you are using this type(Duraspark) ign......the start circuit has to have a hot wire all thru the start cycle.Some of Fords switches did not have a hot wire when the switch was turned to the start position. I hope this h
helps some.
thanks for your help.
one more ?
did u use factory comp. or ford brain box???
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

if you are using the factory brain box the red wire comming out of the brain box has to be hot when the ignition is on. the 4 prog clip just plugs into the motor part of the harness. and the wite wire on the 2 prog clip goes to the starter wire. but you can leave it unhooked if you want it makes no difference. your motor will run with this set up as long as you complete the rest of the harness.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
skyhigh85

Post by skyhigh85 »

DBrown wrote:if you are using the factory brain box the red wire comming out of the brain box has to be hot when the ignition is on. the 4 prog clip just plugs into the motor part of the harness. and the wite wire on the 2 prog clip goes to the starter wire. but you can leave it unhooked if you want it makes no difference. your motor will run with this set up as long as you complete the rest of the harness.

thanks Iwill try this my next day off and send reply.
TNMAN

Post by TNMAN »

I use the aftermarket Ford-type box.....BLUE.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

yeah, I have the one with the blue clip on my 351M also. I think that box will run any ignition.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com