ordered my coil's...

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

well, I got my bushings today :redneck:
Attachments
frontend bushings001.JPG
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

I had a 35 to 45 mph wobble, took my 7* c bushings out and put 0* stockers back in and wobble went away.
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy
n9emz

Post by n9emz »

b2binbad wrote:Those look like full size stuff. The f-150 donor truck I used had stock setup.
If you're talkin' about my spares, they're 6" skyjackers for all B2 and 83-97 Ranger 4x4s. Something curious....I didn't know that Duff's were progressive rate coils. :hmmm:
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Ya even the B2 springs are progressive rate as well as those EB ones.
n9emz

Post by n9emz »

Phillippi wrote:Ya even the B2 springs are progressive rate as well as those EB ones.
Maybe I don't know what "progressive rate" is. Look at my red skyjacker springs and compare them with the blue duffs. All the coils in my springs are equidistant.....the duffs have tighter (closer) coils on one end. :hmmm:
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

If you look at the spring on the progressive rate coil you will see a difference in the coil spacing. Progressive coil rate gradually increases as the coil compresses. The upper wraps are softer for a more comfortable street ride; the middle rates are a bit firmer to handle bumps and dips without jarring; and the last few wraps are a higher rate so that they control the up travel to prevent bottoming out.

*** Disclaimer*** This information was taken from the James Duff site. My description would have been close im sure :finger:

n9emz

Post by n9emz »

:hmmm: I guess I stirred up so much dust I obscured the point I was trying to make.

BTW, Jason....what happened to your "test" site?

Regards and best wishes to you and yours,

Sam
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

D-diesel wrote:right on!! how much travel do the allow?
It looks like 10". They are 26 fully extended and 16 fully collapsed.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

n9emz wrote::hmmm: I guess I stirred up so much dust I obscured the point I was trying to make.

BTW, Jason....what happened to your "test" site?

Regards and best wishes to you and yours,

Sam
here it is http://www.phillippi.us/smf/index.php

Its not up to date with version but its mostly the same. I will update it here shortly.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

well here are acouple of pic's of the coil's installed. i think i should have gone with the 5.5" though we'll see. one thing i notice after installing is that the b2 frame turn's up after the fire wall more than the fullsize frame.
Attachments
me 011.jpg
me 012.jpg
me 009.jpg
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

So it's a little lower than it was?

I think it has a pretty good stance now, but a lot of that is built in body lift. Chop some fender and you're set. You still need to work on the rear right?

I'm curious, take a measurement from the lowest point of the frame to the ground, under the drivers door. Also, the width of the frame, outside to outside, from under the drivers door to pass door.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I think that looks good Diesel. I also think that when mine is put back together its going to be taller then I thought it will be. And then because of the hieght, my new tires are going to be tiny!!!!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I just ordered full length add a leafs for the BII........now I am going to start drinking beer :finger:

it is looking good D-diesel, have you flexed it yet?

I was planning on running the BroncoGraveyard 4" super flex.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Looks good man. I love the stool, does it come with you wheelin?LOL
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

Nobody Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:46 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's a little lower than it was?

I think it has a pretty good stance now, but a lot of that is built in body lift. Chop some fender and you're set. You still need to work on the rear right?

I'm curious, take a measurement from the lowest point of the frame to the ground, under the drivers door. Also, the width of the frame, outside to outside, from under the drivers door to pass door.
yep sit's about 1 1/2" lower. the rear need's to be raised about 1-2" so i will be figuring out a new plan of attack for the rear. not much of a body lift the lift is mostly were it count's under the front clip and the rear bed. the center section is about 1" abouve the frame on my rig. i was thinking the same with chopping the finder's i geuss it's a sawsall for christmas.

thank's fellas you'll probabaly want to upgrade tp 35 phillippi. :cool:

Dbrown i have'nt flexed it yet i just had enough time to install the coil's, flex fan and put tires back on to make sure it cleared the garage. the superflex coil's are suppose to be really good so i've heard but i dont think there progressive and there some thing like 26" unsprung for 4" lift coil's to tall for me.
binbadb2 stool stay's home :D
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!