? for you guys in Washington St.

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
TNMAN

? for you guys in Washington St.

Post by TNMAN »

I have been watching the TV about the activity at Mt. St. Helens. Are any of you guys near here? Whats going on up there? I was just very curious.Thanks.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Wife and I took a trip down there this summer. There's not really anything near the mountain. I suspect even a medium sized eruption wouldn't be much of a disaster.....other than dealing with the ash :puke:

I think we'll probably see a little fart. No big deal. But hopefully it doesn't wake up the volcanos in my backyard Mount Baker, Mount Raineer, Glacier Peak :eek: :eek:

It's amazing, nothing has grown back since the eruption in 1980. This mountain used to be heavily forested.

TNMAN

Post by TNMAN »

Thanks nobody for the reply. One of these days I hope to get out there to your neck of the woods. I sure hope things don't get outta hand out there. Do you live close enough to feel the tremors?
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

I was listening to the radio this morning and in the news they reported that scientists give a 70% chance of it erupting again.

Wanna hear something freaky... Two weeks ago we had a 3.2 tremmor here in Indiana. Center was located about 15 miles from my house. I was sittin in my lazy chair when holy @!$%. My kids looked like :eek: . Freaked every one out. I never felt something so weird in my entire life. Of course you west coast guys are probably used to it.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

wow!!! this is weird volcano's erupting in Washington and earth quakes in Indiana. :hmmm: should i worry we've been having earthquakes down here off and on for the last week or so. small little trimmers nothing much but it's the quantity we've had in such a short amount of time that worries me.

hey Nobody would you even notice the ash that far away. hope Mt. Baker dose'nt burp. it's already overcast enough up there :laugh: .
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

heck about earthquakes we just had a 6.0 hit 100 miles from my house and i didnt even notice it. I live 200 yards from a falt line two! they arnt that big of a deal. Now hurracanes they would scare me sucks to live in florida!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

we get tornados here. they are not to bad, you can always run to the basement :redneck:

my family has a condo in florida and it turned out ok, just a little water damage. my aunt lost her roof and my great aunt and uncle lost their condo completely. they all live in the Datona area.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

My parents live in Florida. They got hit by the 2 of the hurricanes, but luckily only lost some trees and shingles. Tornados get us too. I have always thought it would be great to be a storm chaser.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

You guys on the west coast are aware that you are going to fall into the ocean right?LOL :laugh:
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

I hope not then the price of land will go up even more with all that new beach front land!
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

well i guess we better buy up all the cheap land in Arizona and Nevada... :finger:
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!