wheeling report....

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
wilber

wheeling report....

Post by wilber »

well had chunk out on the trail this weekend....

well didnt have my shit straight like i thought i did, so i busted a shaft 100 foot down the trail.... dumb mistake....

then the steering poped off, i guess the nut was fawked up, but we got it fixed and limped it back in 2wd to fix the shaft....

fixed that and headed out on another run, started to climb a rock, and pop

there went the rear shaft, snaped an ear off. well, threw her in front wheel drive, Love the twin stick, and ran on back to camp to fix it,

had the shaft fixed and headed out on the night run, someone blew a bead, and i was sitting there runing, alt wasnt charging so didnt want to shut er off. and the clutch started to grab, and it stalled. i got a jump and headed back to camp,

it was a good shake down run on her, now i know what i need to address, and i know im gonna like it when its done
Happy_Jack

Post by Happy_Jack »

Shake down runs are fun. I'll need one when I get my 88 ready in 2005. Have pic's?
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

However frustrating shakedowns can be, it sure beats sittin in the stinking garage.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Excellent! Glad to hear you got out.

My bronco has always been very reliable. I contribute much of that to it being my daily driver. Although it's not my daily driver anymore, I still make an effort to go drive it on the road frequently. And....I think it may be my daily driver again soon, the jeep doesn't have much life left.