Bronco II get together...

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
FatMan

Bronco II get together...

Post by FatMan »

I know that it would be hard, but it would be awesome if we could have a bII get together/ trail ride. Sort of like the eb, or fullsize, heep guy's. I was just thinking becuz Phillippi had brought it up in another post. I wanted to talk about this, and have a thread for it. it would be great to meet you guy's and put some names with faces.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

i would be willing to drive some were we actully live pretty close
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

rock im gonna get out there and see you hopefully soon. im just waiting to move into base-housing so i can bring my b2 up this way. i'm try'n to make it to hollister this Oct 9th, and 10th. FSB is having a get together and a bunch of fullsize bronco guy's are coming from all over the U.S. :usa:. you should swing through. i think Rep's from Peterson's and Bronco Mag are suppose to be there.
My little pony

Post by My little pony »

I'm up here in north californa, I would drive to allmost any place to to see more bronco II. Someone needs to set something up and I will be there.
God forgives, Rocks Don't.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

Paradise is'nt to far you guy's have some good wheeling up that way so i've heard. might be planning a trip to a place called Dinky Creek. next summer. would do it sooner but a guy i've been talking to over at PBB said that most of the Sierra trail's close down during the winter. i think hollister is open though i'll have to talk to rockcrawler about it. would you be willing to make the drive to hollister. dont know when yet but, i may be able to make a trip up that way if you have a place to play.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

its almost always open and i think i can get out there at least part of the day on both those days. I will have to jerry rig the rear axle in or just find the time to do the three link we will see. They do shut down the park from time to time for events but they put it up on there web site http://www.hollisterhills.com/ so we can plan a day that we can stay up there. I can bring my camper and all! So we can cook what every we want!
My little pony

Post by My little pony »

there is some great snow runs up here, they get about 15' each year.
God forgives, Rocks Don't.
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

15'- that's it?? Here's a view of Mosquito Pass at 13,185 feet and snow in Late July. :eek:
--L
Attachments
Late July Mosquito Pass.jpg
Late July Mosquito Pass.jpg (24.39 KiB) Viewed 2562 times
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

niiicce binbad was it cold when you took that pic? love the view but damn do i hate heights. :eek:
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

I didn't take the pic, but yea it's been known to snow flurry in late july at that altitude, temps 40 or lower. It's a 4 out of 10 as far as difficulty, it's the highest drivable pass here.
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)