Dish Network HD

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Phillippi

Dish Network HD

Post by Phillippi »

Does anyone here have Dish Network DVR 622 or 722? If so how do you like it? Any problems with it? Thanks
Nobody

Re: Dish Network HD

Post by Nobody »

Did you get a new DVR?

I have a PVR508. I'm ready to upgrade to a dual tuner DVR. I don't have a hi-def TV though.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Ya we got the VIP622. Its the HD DVR with dual tuners. We had the DVR dual tuner (non-HD) for about 5 years and loved it but the picture wasnt as good. The VIP622 is the same as the high end VIP722 but with a smaller harddrive in it. But they both have a USB port and support a portable HDD to store shows on so the internal HDD doesnt matter much.

The picture is great!!!!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

External hard drive sounds like an awesome feature. Are you able to watch on a computer, or only through the DVR?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Only on the DVR at this time. Who knows what they will come up with in the future.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

So the wife called up Dish and told them that we want new stuff or we're going with someone else. We also needed to have our dish moved because a tree grew out enough to block the 110* satellite. They agreed to move our dish and upgrade us to a VIP622.

Today the installer showed up and gave us a vip722! Dish is setup on tripod temporarily until the ground gets marked for digging and installing a post. And we get a couple months of HBO and Showtime.

All for free! Don't know how my wife pulls this off. They probably would have charged me a fee for such a stupid request!

Anyway, I was happy to see that the vip722 interface was basically the same as the 508. The dual tuners and massive amounts of hard drive space are very nice. I haven't tried it yet, but supposively there is a bunch of on demand stuff you can pull over a broadband connection.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

The 622 and 722 are almost the same, only the HD is different. I am glad you guys got the deal. The picture for us was insane. I hope yours is as good.