Contest?

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
PHROX

Contest?

Post by PHROX »

I was just thinking we should have a contest. like for best rig or what not. we could do like 10 different catagories and do nominations and have prizes and all sorts of cool stuff. i am just asking because i would easly beat all of you and i could use some new stuff.
1987 Bronco2, d44/9" locked, sweet paint job. Now with available 5.0
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I've thought of having a raffle at some point, but I don't think we have enough active members for it to be worthwhile yet.

Besides, who wants to play if you're going to win :wtf:
PHROX

Post by PHROX »

I dont know, not a raffel but like a voteing thing. and have catagories like best chop top, best stock, best stock modified. best unlimited class, ugliest truck, stuff like that. and you can nominate people not on this bord and stuff. as an advertisement gimmik. cuz I know htis is the best broncoII site on the web. we should let other people know........ I dont know, just more ideas
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Thanks for the kind words.

I do appreciate the suggestion. However, I'm not sure how to run with it. Certainly worth discussion. Who is going to supply the prizes?

As for advertising the site, there are two problems. The first being a very limited amout of bandwidth that the server is on. Sure, I could pay to have the bulletin board hosted somewhere, but I don't want to yet. The recent change to http://board.broncoii4x4.com was partly to help assist that move someday though.

Second, I try to avoid advertising this site. I just kind of let people trickle in. I believe we get better quality members by doing this. I want to avoid the problems that the bigger bulletin boards experience. And, at all costs I want to avoid a mass migration here from some other board, as that would wipe us out.

Word of mouth is good though. If you know of someone that would be a good fit, by all means let them know we are here. Summer months are kind of slow, I hope to be up to the pevious number of members sometime this winter.
PHROX

Post by PHROX »

I totaly understand. maybe just a little thing for the gang here. Prizes dont have to be big or anything. like maybe mail an offroad magazine to the winner. something cheap. a can of soda. I dont know. just ideas looking for feedback.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

so you said your going to win. Ugliest truck :finger: i dont know i might give you a run for your money on that one. i think it would be a cool idea with no prizes. I do agree when it comes to BII info this is the only place i go i dont even mess with the ranger station any more. (dont like there setup anyways way to cluttered!)
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

one of the things I did notice about competitions for TOTM and stuff like that is that people get all upset because of the rules and their isn't even a prize. that and some trucks that have been destreoyed for a long time are still winning. never understood that :confused:

but anyway I think it would be cool to do something for the members but like Nobody said, theirs not realy enough people here to make it interesting.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Wicked Bronco II

Post by Wicked Bronco II »

Why dont we just take an active head count... see how many post on it in a 2-3 day period and lets see how many are actually active.
I believe you understand what you think I said but im not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant....?
AlbertaBoy

Post by AlbertaBoy »

I would be into anything you came up with. Not that my rig is in contention, but give me money and time and all your asses are mine... :finger:
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I just had an idea, we could take a donation of a part or something someone could use like an extra tranny one of us had laying around somewhere and take wheeling videos that everyone made of them wheeling (BII only of course) vote on the favorite and give the donation away.

Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I agree with Nobody that we dont have enough active people on here to do that, but at one time we may. As it is right now we can probly find a catagory for everyone here and all be the champ! :finger:

I know that I am the best looking guy here so that ones taken. Also the slowest to finish projects catagory. :D
PHROX

Post by PHROX »

I call best paint job!!!!!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

since we are giving our selves awards and everything, I'll take the one for the most junked up back yard :laugh:

at least my neighbors would agree, they just walk out and shake their heads every morning because their front door faces it. :redneck:

Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

well then i get the person that stores most his crap on friends properties award!
n9emz

Post by n9emz »

DBrown wrote:since we are giving our selves awards and everything, I'll take the one for the most junked up back yard :laugh: :redneck:
You gots competition on that one. I'll take worst fender hacking.