My New Toys

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Phillippi

My New Toys

Post by Phillippi »

Well, a couple of months ago I got my new "shorty Commando" version of the H&K G36c. Its a .223 8.9" barrel and its badass. Well yesterday I was also issued a H&K MP5A3. They are both in that case in the pic for sweet suprise! I had to share... :D

bigswede

Post by bigswede »

:eek: Are these police issue? Things must be a little rougher in Utah than I thought!
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Yes they are issued. The G36 is becoming our standard Patrol rifle in the 12" semi-auto version. MY G36 auto and mp5 auto are issued for SWAT.
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

SWAT, coooooll. Kinda suprised to see the smoked plastic magazine. They hold up OK in "action"?
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

nice score, never fired a MP5 but would amage'n it to fire like a AR-15. a friend of mine was looking up those MP5'S just the other day. have you seen that 3 shot mini pump action shot gun? :cool:
bigswede Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are these police issue? Things must be a little rougher in Utah than I thought!
i know after the North Hollywood shoot out L.A.P.D got issued M16's for crazy occassions.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Ya, That shootout would never have happened here in Utah. We have had long rifles (m-16s, m-14s, min-14s) for at least 11 years (ever since I have worked here) but i know longer. The m-16s we had we are phasing out due to age. They are military surplus m-16a1 with some a3 mixed in. The G36 shoots almost as straight and have a pretty intimidating look to them. They also shoot so freakin clean which the m-16s DO NOT!. At a subgun school I went to last year, I shot over 2,000 rounds and it was so clean that I could have gotten away with not cleaning it. Try that with a M-16.

The mags are tough. We got the first G36s with the mags over 3 years ago, and they have been dropped, one run over, etc with no real damage, but lots of scratches.

The MP5 isnt as calm as a .22 but not nearly as difficult to handle as .223 fullauto. Now I have a choice when going into a home, I will take the mp5 and if its a large school or open field the G36 will be with me.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I am teaching my kids how to hold a gun young. :D

My youngest daughter looks like she is going to go postal!!! :eek:
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

cute....... :angel:
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Thata boy Phillippi :usa:

Teach them young and they will have a respect for them. A couple of years ago I started teaching my boys to shoot and hunt. My wife gets all freaked out about it. Heck when I was in the 7th grade I had my own shot gun and most of my friends had their own deer rifles. We learned to respect guns early and how to use them properly. Otherwise we got a knot on the back of our heads. ;)
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

:cool:
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

hey phillippi this is the super shorty shotgun. this is what i was try'n to find. gaaaaawwwwwd i love this thing. it's only 3 round's but you better not be close.
click on video!!!!

http://www.serbu.com/shorty.htm