Build sequence for B2's

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
newforce

Build sequence for B2's

Post by newforce »

Does any one know when the first B2 rolled off the assembly line? What is the earliest sequince number for the trucks? My B2 was built march of 83 with a sequence # of A04223. Has anyone seen an earlier build?
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

If that is part of the last six of the vin...that means it is 4223 BII to leave the plant in 83'
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
newforce

my B2...

Post by newforce »

I understand the numbering, do you know the first date of manufacture for the trucks? March of 83 is pretty early for model year 84 vehicles, if they built 100 a day (seems like a lot for a new launch) that would put the first B2's built Jan/Feb again kind of early for 1984 model year. Thank you for your input, Newforce. Going to start my build next week, expect it to take 2 months, plans are complete strip including chemical dip to remove paint, rebuilt 1984 2.2 liter perkins/mazda diesel, m5r1 transmission (custom fabricated trans adapter), manual B&W 1354 transfercase, dana 35 front, ford 1998 disc brake 8.8 rear(with richmond locker) both with 3.73:1 gears, dual fuel tanks (gives me the option to run WVO). 2" body lift, engine trans lifted 1.5" (resolves cooling and shifter binding issues), 31X10.50 Michelins (non agressive tread but the best Mud tire money can buy, Michelin desiened a better Mud tire than these, and nothing has come close to competeing with it, but the stupid average mud person thinks that the tread has to be aggressive to work, could not be further from the truth, anyway they did not market it because the average mud person did not think they were agressive enough), complete body paint in epoxy, and a full stick on body wrap (digital urban camo). Hope to see you all in the field. Newforce.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

That sounds like a great project. Start a build thread in the member rides so we can follow along.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

Usually they would start at least 6 months before the introduction of the next year. The first one's probably were built in 1982. These were the replacements for the pinto, since the last one were built in about the same time line. :redneck: lol. Just kidding, though alot of the engines derived from the Pinto/Mustang line.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.