In case I don't get to it . . .

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
plowboy

In case I don't get to it . . .

Post by plowboy »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!!

I get to have some fun this year in January. The production truck that I am an engineer on is to the superbowl. We will be shooting for Telemundo the week leading up to the superbowl. My first time to a gig this big. It's gonna be awesome!.

We just finished an ESPN shoot that lasted 12 weeks. You can see it on ESPN 2 Thursday nights at 8 Eastern. It's called Varsity Inc. The producers (Horizon Entertainment) did a fantastic job. You can check out the website at http://www.espnvarsityinc.com.

Here's a couple of pics
Attachments
Jib on golf cart
Jib on golf cart
Charlie
Charlie
6000 people average attendance for home games (high school)
6000 people average attendance for home games (high school)
prodction
prodction
The truck
The truck
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

My cousin is an Engineer for one of the Satellite trucks that cover the west coast. All they do is chase around sports events. Appartently the pay is pretty good cause he has some fancy cars. I like to be home every evening. Looks like fun. :cool:
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

So what exactly are you engineering?
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

I help keep the truck operational. Make sure audio and video get patched into and out of the truck correctly, Set up the monitor wall for the director, handle patching and signal routing within the truck itself. On the Varsity Inc. shoot I "shaded" cameras, which means I kept the cameras looking good. When you have not so great lighting condiitons like high school stadiums, it' a lot of work to keep 9 cameras all looking the same.

Right now our truck is not on the road as much as most, so I am only gone from time to time. We do a lot of our shoots at the theatre in Branson, MO that we base out of. Most of our shoots are entertainment shoots. We have just recently moved into the sports world. I'm sure at some point that we will be very busy with it. My ace in the hole is that I am also the video production manager at the theatre. Which means that the more projects I have at home, the less I am on the road. Either way right now it's a great job. My family and I are very blessed and happy.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.