Junk yards suck! (THE HUNT FOR A C-6)

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Rockcrawler

Junk yards suck! (THE HUNT FOR A C-6)

Post by Rockcrawler »

well i went to the junk yards over here and they are on crack! now i remember why i never go to them! Pick n pull wanted 135 which was 35 buck more then i was going to spend on a tranny that i had no clue what condition it was in. Also they dont let you take jacks in there! Now how am i going to pull the tranny safely? So i will keep all my fingures and go to the next junk yard i thought so i go there and they had one that was out of the truck but it had been sitting outside with no cover over it at all and with no fill tub in it with the TQ converter hanging off it! They wanted 300 bucks for that puppy so i just walked away! I gave up on them so i gave Auto zone a call for a price on a rebuilt tranny and they said they have the compleat tranny rebuilt for 400 and some thing! I was just happy to hear the 4 and forgot the rest! This is considering that the tranny shops around here wanted 700-1000 to rebuild it on the bench! So its time to save my money and get a nice rebuilt tranny, and try to never set foot back in a junk yard!
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Yes here in Utah they are retarded as well. Either they dont have what you want or they have it and it is just barely less then new. THey think that their JUNK is gold. Bastards
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Yep....they are pretty much the same everywhere. The pick-n-pulls seem to be the only ones with reasonable prices. The reason they charge so much is because they can. They do most of their buisiness with repair shops which don't really care about the price because they just pass it along to the customer or insurance company. The little guy is mostly just a nuisance.

I typically watch the classifieds for the big ticket items, or do some trading with wheelers because we hoard the good stuff :cool: . Then I hit the pick-n-pulls for the petty stuff.

But the best advice I have is to buy stuff when you find it, not when you need it. Of course then your garage turns into a shit hole.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

shit hole or gold mine? :finger:

I have done the same thing in the last year and now I have 3 5.0L's and spare tranys laying in the back yard. the wife hates it but I never have to be down for more then a day if something goes wrong.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

Same here. I live close to a military base(Ft. Riley) and the yards are used to sucking the money out of a soldiers pocket. Affects the civilian pukes like me too. :puke:
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

yeah thats what i try to do but running out of places to put stuff! I just got wride of a bunch of stuff! My dad hates having crap laying around! Heck i have a spare front 60 houseing laying next to my tool box!