Welcome to the new Board and SERVER!

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Nobody

Welcome to the new Board and SERVER!

Post by Nobody »

I'm probably putting the new server online prematurely, but at least I'll be forced to work on it now. The old one was just too slow. It was maxed out on memory and there wasn't anything I could do to speed it up.

You'll have to register again. For that I'm sorry. There really wasn't a good way to convert the old bulletin board.

I'll try to add mods such as the file attachment mod very soon.... ie. within a few weeks :lol:

The old board isn't gone....yet...so if this doesn't work out I can put it back online. It will be unavailable though.

New server is a dual 400MHz PII. FreeBSD and Apache webserver with MySQL database.
Last edited by Nobody on Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

:shock: hey nobody im not even gonna ask this is all to technical for me. well hope it work's. hey can we get some better smilies :wink: .
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

awsome!
are you going to try to put the old forum posts into an archives?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I'll definately get some new smilies. I'll have to mow my lawn first though.

DBrown, I'm not sure what my options for making an archive of old threads yet. This board is based on an actual database, so we shouldn't have any problems with future upgrades.

I just hope it's fast fast fast. My DSL contract with verizon is up next month, so I might drop them and go to Cable which is supposed to be available now. That will double the server bandwidth 8)

Post by Guest »

I just hope it's fast fast fast.
so far I can tell a difference!
Blue_coyote

Post by Blue_coyote »

Anonymous wrote:
I just hope it's fast fast fast.
so far I can tell a difference!
No kidding! I didn't even have time to roll.....er, ah, I mean"get a coffee" while the next page loads :twisted:
:redneck: RRORC CA-W region rep :redneck:
87 Ranger
85 BII
78 T-top Mustang II
some MTBs
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

That's what I like to hear! More tech, less errr uhhh yeah...... :lol:
Blue_coyote

Post by Blue_coyote »

Nobody wrote:That's what I like to hear! More tech, less errr uhhh yeah...... :lol:
Well, in between "going for coffee"s, I had to move Broncenstein II into the backyard because I had to park the Ranger off the alley.
I think the original rear XLT bumper will actually fit on my 78 Mustang with only a pair of angle brackets to drill.
I've already mounted the 32s on Broncenstein IIs stock suspension, but I want to swap my custom leafpacks in (without the blocks) and try the rear Aerostar coils for ride height and flex. The front fenders are cut, but still need the flares and mounting, and I'm still not quite sure what I'm going to have to do to keep the rears from rubbing.

I'm also facing the reality that the 2.8 from Broncenstein really does belong in a sporty small car, so I'm swapping the oil pickup and pan back to the Mustang II configuration and dropping it into the hole vacated by a 5.0 many years ago. Funny thing is that the engine going in has comparable torque to the original V8, but runs about 200 hp, and redlines about 2k higher :twisted: And the hole left by a C4 is getting a Rad 4-speed instead, while the stock 3.00 open diff is getting replaced by a 4.10 Trak/Lok........

I'm also trying to run power out to the garage of the house I moved into Feb. 1st, and I'm currently working 10+ hour days doing furnace oil tank removals...

And I still haven't been able to make time to send Elfasto the gears and carrier he wants. I haven't forgotten. I've been getting out the door about 7am and getting home after 9pm lately, and my weekends have been rediculous.....

and all this in between "going for coffee"s and discovering that the board had changed while I wasn't looking......
87 Ranger
85 BII
78 T-top Mustang II
some MTBs
MXjunk127

Post by MXjunk127 »

Awsome job!
Skin and Bones Motorsports.com
88' 4x4 6" SL, 33" TSL Radials
Elfasto

Post by Elfasto »

Blue_coyote wrote:
Nobody wrote:That's what I like to hear! More tech, less errr uhhh yeah...... :lol:
And I still haven't been able to make time to send Elfasto the gears and carrier he wants. I haven't forgotten. I've been getting out the door about 7am and getting home after 9pm lately, and my weekends have been rediculous.....
Yeah.......sure........ :D
:D :D

Do it whenever you get time. I've been pulling some 14 hour days myself. I'm sleeping in all weekend. The hell with the family. I'm dreaming of Britney Spears, the chick from Will and Grace (the tall one, not the chunky one........tho' she'd do in a pinch) and this months pinup girl in my shop...................Zzzzzzzz :D:D :tongue:
Last edited by Elfasto on Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge is POWER. Ignorance is a blown engine and a funny look on your face. Then people laugh at you! - Me
LilBronc

Post by LilBronc »

Anyway to get some old PM's? I had some names and #'s I didn't write down and now they're gone. IF not no worries, I'll just :frown: .

:tongue2:
WWJD - Wheeling With Jesus Daily
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

LilBronc wrote:Anyway to get some old PM's? I had some names and #'s I didn't write down and now they're gone. IF not no worries, I'll just :frown: .

:tongue2:
Yes, I can arrange that. I thought that might be an issue for a few of you. You'll have to give me a little time though. Probably this weekend, unless it's urgent.
Blue_coyote

Post by Blue_coyote »

Nothing urgent in my case, but if you could email a copy of my PMs (sent and received) when time permits, I'd apreciate it...
87 Ranger
85 BII
78 T-top Mustang II
some MTBs
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I'll just make the board accessable for a little while. Need to set it up on the new server though.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

hey nobody what is the Pvt under the login name??
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!