Long time...but I got a new toy.

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
AlbertaBoy

Long time...but I got a new toy.

Post by AlbertaBoy »

Hey everyone, been a long time since I had access to a computer. Not like that matters. Anyway, good to be back on here. I though I would post a few pics of my new rig...she's kinda small but DAMN, does she go fast...
Attachments
A good look at the chassis
A good look at the chassis
My new Savage2.jpg (27.68 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
Blue Suburban Body
Blue Suburban Body
My new Savage3.jpg (27.81 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
Chameleon paint H2 Body
Chameleon paint H2 Body
My new Savage.jpg (28.7 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Yea I've got the savage too. It is quick, but, just like any other toy upgrades are a plus. I found a .26 engine on e-bay for 125 bucks. This thing does wheelies all day long now. I've also got the terra crusher. It came with a small block, but, I put in the big block .21 from the savage.
They're a blast if you can get over the iniitial price. After that it's just upgrades and maintenance for very little money.
Also I've been getting into these little mini rockcrawler from Walmart.
I've replaced the belts with the traxxas 50 tooth and cut the tires, and modified the suspensin for mor flex. Who knew being 32 would be soooo much fun???LOL :D
--L
Attachments
dogpilesavage.JPG
dogpilesavage.JPG (24.01 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
savageflex.JPG
savageflex.JPG (21.68 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
Mini rock crawlers doing the dogpile
Mini rock crawlers doing the dogpile
minicrawler.JPG (29.19 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
This is a mini trail I made with Great Stuff and lava rocks.
This is a mini trail I made with Great Stuff and lava rocks.
minitrail.JPG (32.12 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

b2binbad wrote: I've replaced the belts with the traxxas 50 tooth
More info please
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

savages are the sh*t i almost bought one to play with when i was in Germany. a couple of my buddy's bought them and they were a blast i could'nt make up my mind if i wanted the savage or one of the solid axle rig's. so i ended up not getting anything.
how are the solid axle rig's anyway? the axle's/gears pretty strong?
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Nobody-
I was tired of breaking belts on the minicrawler. The only way to get a new belt was to buy a new truck. I found a belt a Hobbytown USA that is the same diameter and tooth count. It is about a 1/4 inch wide. So I bought one and cut it in half to make two 1/8 inch belts. They are a little tight so you gotta stretch them out by hand. Maybe loosen the control arm screw a little too. The part number is TRA4862 called a REAR DRIVE BELT made by TRAXXAS. Here is the link to one of the Washington stores.http://h1070082.hobbyshopnow.com/servic ... &tag=qsrch

D-diesel-
If you want trashing and jumping action, the IFS trucks are the best. There is a new trend in R/C world now with the solid axle trucks, ROCKCRAWLING. There is a club here in Colorado, but I haven't checked it out yet. But I found this link I thought you might enjoy. It is an Austrailian R/C rockcrawling site. Check out the Videos. Enjoy. http://www.mudcow.com/
--L
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

here is a pic of my lego crawler! i wish i had a rc tought just no money for it all of it goes to the BII!
Attachments
MVC_596S.jpg
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

LOL.
I hear you Rock, It's tough to have toys sometimes. They take time and money. Sometimes I feel as though I've got way too many hobbies. :laugh:
--L